Offered Salary 0
Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Position Risk Management & Compliance Officer
Reporting to: Head, Risk Management & Compliance Unit
- Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Assists to develop policies and procedures for general operations of Risk, Compliance and its related activities.
- Assist the Head of Risk Management and Compliance Unit to liaise with the Company Attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Assist the Head of Risk Management and Compliance Unit to respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Assist the Head of Risk Management and Compliance Unit to act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Assist the Head of Risk Management and Compliance Unit to provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Conduct audit on Divisions/ Units/ Centres to identify gaps, effectiveness or existence of controls.
- Any other duties as many be assigned.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines and manage projects.
- Excellent Analytical and Investigative skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Must be both a problem solver and a risk taker
- Proficient with risk management, auditing techniques, and accounting
- standards and principles
- Minimum of A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Risk Management, Accountancy or equivalent obtained from a recognized University
- Must be member of a professional body
- Three or more years of experience is required.