Offered Salary 0
Career Level Officer
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Overall Job purpose:
The role holder is responsible for purchasing products that are essential for our company’s day-to-day operations. This includes but is not limited to developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs.
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Maintain the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Coordinate with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Ensure that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications and address problems when they arise.
- Keep up with trends in procurement.
- Travel to vendor locations.
- Stay current with purchasing technology trends and oversee purchase and implementation, as necessary.
- Prepare cost estimates and manage budgets.
- Research and evaluate vendors to compare pricing and services.
- Ensure that there are a minimum of three (3) quotes for each item.
- Review and process purchase orders.
- Evaluate vendors based on quality, timeliness, and price before making purchasing decisions.
- Select prospective vendors and negotiate contracts.
- Carry out careful examination of products.
- Compare suppliers using cost-benefit analysis.
- Negotiate prices and contracts with suppliers for the best value.
- Schedule deliveries and ensure timely fulfillment of orders.
- Work out the logistical details once a purchase has been made.
- Maintain meticulous records of each purchase, as well as when each order was shipped out and when order is received.
- Monitor stock inventory to re-order items before they run out of stock.
- HND or Degree in purchasing & supply, accounting or any other related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in similar role.
- Experience using procurement software and databases.
- Good knowledge of supply chain procedures.
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Negotiation skills