Offered Salary 0
Career Level Officer
Experience 2 Years
Job Opportunity – Electrical Technician
Premium Foods Limited (PFL) is a leading Ago-processing company in Ghana located at EjisuKwaso in the Ashanti Region. PFL is looking for a self-motivated and an enthusiastic individualmwho pays attention to details to join the team as an Electrical Technician.
Job Profile –
- To ensure all machines outside the production plant i.e. Boiler and Silo areas, pump housemand the administration etc. and electrically fit for purpose.
- Ensure smooth running of the auxiliary equipment in terms of adequate spare parts availability and generation of daily and weekly checklist to monitor the performance of the equipment.
Location & Reporting Line –
The role is based at Premium Foods Limited, Kwaso Factory, Kumasi. H/She reports directly to the Electrical/ Automation Engineer.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair and replacement of plant parts to ensuremmaximum productivity and quality in the plant.
- Service and repair air compressors, generators, boilers, plumbing, pipe fitting, various pumps etc.
- Constantly check machinery during production to ensure smooth operation and any unusual sounds.
- Responsible for checking of load on various motors being used.
- Review downtime report from previous shift for any adverse report or hindrance.
- Assist in plant conversions and installations.
- Prepare maintenance report and submit to the Maintenance supervisor.
- Undertake thorough maintenance of assigned machines during maintenance days to ensure the machine is in good condition and operating smoothly for the next production to start.
- Review the operation of plant equipment to minimize unplanned downtime and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise with the production and maintenance planner for ordering spare parts and maintenance plan.
- Adhere to safe working practices and procedures including, but not limited to lockout/ tagout and confined space rules and regulations.
- Interpret electrical drawings, blueprints, schematics and diagrams for a variety of Electrical systems.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Directors: Tom Gambrah (MD), David Norguaye Nathan, Ebenezer Nii Sampane Ansah-Adjaye, Clement Djameh, Samori Kobina Gambrah
Qualification, Work Experience Requirement & Key Competencies
- Technician Part III or HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in manufacturing or related field
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings, blueprints, schematics and diagrams for a variety of Electrical systems.
- Strong trouble shooting skill.
- Ability to interpret down time captured during shift.
- Ability to relate effectively to people at all levels
- Ability to diagnose and repair malfunctioning plant equipment, boiler, air compressors, scales, motors, panels etc.
- Ability to develop principles and strategies to monitor and control electrical systems to ensure safety compliance and void deviations.
- Effective Communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office
Mode of Application
Interested Applicants who meet the criteria stated above should submit their most updated Cover
Letter and CV to [email protected] with Electrical Technician indicated in the
subject line NO LATER THAN Friday, 28 th July 2023.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted