To assemble financial and management information for analysis and report to Management
- Prepares financial statements in accordance with laid down procedures for auditing.
- Coordinates the preparation and presentation of the master budget of the Fund in consultation with the Administrator.
- Maintains proper books of accounts for the Fund.
- Performs Treasury functions.
- Manages tax and related issues on behalf of the Fund.
- Prepares and submits monthly financial reports to the Administrator.
- Carries out any other assigned duty by the Administrator/Board of Trustees
- DEPARTMENTAL RELATIONS:
Maintains contact with the Administrator and other staff of the fund.
- EXTERNAL RELATIONS:
If necessary, Maintains contacts with GRA, SSNIT, Banks and External Auditors
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR ASSETS:
Responsible for the protection, conservation and efficient utilization of computers and other assets and cash assigned to the Department.
- Financial Expertise: Proficiency in accounting principles and financial statements.
- Attention to Detail: Accuracy in data entry and financial reporting.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Technical Proficiency: Knowledge of accounting software and tools.
- Ethics and Integrity: Adherence to ethical and legal standards.
- Communication: Effective communication of financial information.
- Organizational Skills: Time management and task prioritization.
- Teamwork: Collaboration with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to adapt to changes in standards and technology.
- Problem-Solving: Proactive approach to financial challenges.
- Financial Compliance: Knowledge of tax regulations and reporting.
- Continuous Learning: Commitment to staying updated and pursuing relevant certifications.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
Must hold a minimum of HND in accounting from a reputable and accredited school in Ghana.
- Sound knowledge of financial and accounting principles, systems, and techniques
- Ability to analyze financial statements and ratios accurately.
- Ability to design and present budgets.
- Sound knowledge of company code and relevant banking laws in Ghana
- Sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Good literacy in computer applications.
- Ability to follow up to monitor people and work activities.
- Ability and willingness to train team members
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to design and implement control systems and take corrective actions to correct deviations.
- Good knowledge of management principles.
- Good Communication skills
- Integrity- being truthful, trustworthy, and reliable.
- Attention to details-Ability to pay attention without being bogged down.
- Assertiveness- Ability to articulate views and decisions and stick to them where necessary.