Offered Salary 0
Career Level Assistant
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The Strengthening Regional Peace and Stability (SRPS) in West Africa Program is a five-year, USAID-funded program implemented by DAI. The program supports the efforts of West Africans to address the risks of instability from democratic backsliding and from conflict, and prioritizes targeted governance, conflict and violence prevention, peacebuilding, and preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) interventions across the region. The program will engage with regional partners and with governments that demonstrate commitment to power-sharing and resource redistribution, both of which are crucial for reducing exclusion, violence, and conflict. Program interventions will address causes of fragility, and focus on good governance approaches, conflict prevention and response, and P/CVE interventions across select target countries in the Sahel and coastal West Africa.
SRPS is looking for candidates to fill for the ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT position.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Administrative Assistant will oversee and manage the Accra office facilities for the SRPS project. S/he will be instrumental in maintaining office functions and field offices across the West Africa region. The Administrative Assistant will not have supervisory responsibilities but will collaborate closely with all staff on administrative and logistics matters and work closely with the Logistics and Administrative Assistants in field offices in target countries.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
The following comprise main responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant:
- Oversee the administration of the program hub Accra office, including coordinating equipment maintenance with the relevant departments and managing the procurement of office supplies and other operational needs.
- Manage the day-to-day business operations of the hub office and support Logistics and Administrative Assistants in target field offices.
- Manage the security of the office premises and property therein.
- Work with the Logistics Assistant to support the project Driver and project vehicle, as needed, to meet the travel needs of project staff.
- Work with the IT Officer and support staff to ensure the efficient operation of the local area network. Ensure reception coverage during business hours.
- Work with the Procurement Specialist to perform competitive procurements for goods and services (example: security, cleaning, office supplies, temporary drivers) and negotiate with vendors.
- Ensure that project staff needs for office equipment, supplies, and furniture are met.
- Communicate with landlord on facilities management, improvement, and repair issues.
- Fill in as translator / interpreter as needed.
- Assist with any operations needs, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- 3- 5 years of work experience in operations, human resources, recruitment, office administration, and/or other relevant areas.
- Highly organized with an ability to multitask.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English. French proficiency a plus.
- Familiarity with local laws and USAID rules and regulations related to personnel management and compliance, preferred.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.