Offered Salary 0
Experience 7 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The Strengthening Regional Peace and Stability (SRPS) in West Africa Program is a five-year, USAID-funded program implemented by DAI. The program supports the efforts of West Africans to address the risks of instability from democratic backsliding and from conflict, and prioritizes targeted governance, conflict and violence prevention, peacebuilding, and preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) interventions across the region. The program will engage with regional partners and with governments that demonstrate commitment to power-sharing and resource redistribution, both of which are crucial for reducing exclusion, violence, and conflict. Program interventions will address causes of fragility, and focus on good governance approaches, conflict prevention and response, and P/CVE interventions across select target countries in the Sahel and coastal West Africa.
SRPS is looking for candidates to fill for the PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST position.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Procurement Specialist will support the Accra, Ghana office and field operating offices in target countries with their procurement needs. S/he will oversee solicitations, and price/cost/reasonability analyses. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that complete procurement related backup documentation is provided prior to submission to Finance Team.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
The following comprise main responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist:
General Acquisition & Procurement Responsibilities
- Manage procurement processes for all grant and technical activities, including determining procurement requirements, ensuring the most appropriate procurement methods are used, and ensuring transparent processes are utilized.
- Conduct procurement and contracting across a variety of industry sectors, contract management, dispute resolution, managing interpersonal relationships and communication, and investigating/following up on vendor/grantee issues.
- Oversee solicitation bids and quotes from vendors in adherence with policies & approved requisitions and quarterly procurement plans.
- Monitor, track and expedite all project procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services.
- Ensure pricing information is accurate and aligns with acquisition policies.
- Conduct price/cost/reasonability analyses.
- Review requisition documentation, cost estimates, statements of work, etc.
- Help non-procurement staff understand the requirements for submitting accurate and thorough requisitions, cost estimates, statements of work, or to determine other technical specifications.
- Determine source selection methods for complex procurement to ensure compliance.
- Serve as a non-voting chairperson on evaluation committees in accordance with DAI policies/procedures and thresholds.
- Ensure compliance with DAI, USAID and FAR requirements on sub-contract closure and/termination.
- Assist project staff in coordinating meetings, facilitating discussions, and developing briefings in support of the source selection process.
- Prepare cost evaluation data, and source selection documentation.
- Through market research efforts, identify and qualify potential suppliers (and products/services). Ensure that beneficial, ethical and open supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies.
- Maintain procurement files in DAI’s systems.
- When applicable assist and provide the grants team with market research and budget expenditure justification. Procurement staff are responsible for any direct purchasing by DAI on behalf of the grantee (in-kind grant).
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Develop acquisition planning reports and present to the Senior Management Team on a quarterly basis at a minimum, or more often as required.
- Monitor and track procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services.
- Ensure complete backup documentation for procurement purchases is submitted to project’s Finance Team and stored in the project management database in line with DAI policies and regulations.
- Perform regular spot audits of procurement files to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Assist and collaborate in external or internal audits as necessary.
Policies & Procedures
- Ensure integrity, fairness, accuracy, and openness in procurement processes.
- Ensure DAI, USAID and FAR policies, and procedures are followed and enforced.
- Help project staff become more familiar, and understand, DAI policies and procedures as related to procurement by conducting trainings or other methods as necessary.
Procurement Management Systems
- Enforce use of DAI’s operations and procurement systems, etc.
- Maintain electronic procurement records and files in DAI’s system platforms.
- Train other DAI staff in the use of procurement systems, as necessary.
Relations and Stakeholder Engagement Management
- Develop and maintain strong relationships among internal and external stakeholders, i.e., all SRPS staff, vendors, among others.
- Conduct market research for prequalification of short-listed or preferred vendors and engage with them on USAID rules and regulations for procurement.
- Support the Deputy Chief of Party – Operations to undertake capacity building efforts and knowledge sharing to staff for enhanced functioning of procurement and logistics.
- Enhance responsiveness to communication among and across all stakeholders, including home office colleagues.
- University degree in relevant field required.
- At least 7 years of relevant technical experience is required.
- Procurement and logistics experience, preferably with international donor-funded organizations.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Fluency in English is required. French language proficiency a plus.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government and FAR regulations and procurement and acquisition aspects of USAID-funded activities strongly preferred.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.