Offered Salary 0
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licences across 8 countries in Africa and South America.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Senior EHS Advisor in Ghana. This position is a permanent role based in Accra, with periodic offshore site visits. The individual will provide EHS support to production operations teams and occasionally support other departments as relevant, as part of ensuring safe and sustainable operations.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
• Support and regularly engage offshore and onshore production operations teams in achieving safety objectives, and in the management of EHS within the business. Lead in the review/update of local EHS procedures.
• Ensure that the corporate policies and local EHS Management system are implemented and adhered to through the provision of expert EHS advice, leadership, and guidance.
• Lead hazard identification and risk assessment activities to ensure that EHS risks are identified, reported, reviewed & updated on a regular basis, and assure effectiveness of controls.
• Liaise with operations department to plan and develop strategic EHS assurance and verification activities e.g. monitor, audit and performance review.
• Lead, coordinate and/or participate in incident investigations and adopt measures to prevent recurrence.
• Identify initiatives, campaigns, relevant training and awareness opportunities and ensure they are effectively delivered to enhance continuous improvement.
• Build relationships within Contractor & Sub Contractor organisations to ensure that clearly defined EHS objectives and metrics are established, communicated, reported, reviewed, and performance managed.
• Able to lead and influence EHS at all levels
• Passion for EHS and promotion of EHS values and Tullow behaviours
• Organizational and coordination skills – ability to work effectively with multi-discipline teams
• Adaptable in fast changing environments and delivers results through a pragmatic and positive approach
• High level of experience in coaching and training which will be crucial in developing our workforce (i.e. demonstrable training experience)
• Demonstrates knowledge of technical EHS and committed to high EHS standards
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with motivating attitude and ability to work effectively with diverse teams at all levels both internally and externally
• High personal integrity
• Demonstrable skills in MS Office
• Good report writing skills
• Planner, goal setter, service oriented and self-driven
Education and Experience
• Tertiary level qualification in engineering, science or EHS related subject
• NEBOSH general certificate or higher (international diploma), or equivalent qualification preferred
• Qualified ISO 14001 or ISO 45001 Certified Internal Auditor / Lead Auditing
• Extensive oil and gas, production operations experience
• Proven EHS experience in offshore oil and gas production, and projects EHS management
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.