Offered Salary 0
Career Level Officer
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) is accountable for availability, performance, costs, and risks related
to all Oracle database services.
The Database Administrator will provide enterprise-wide Oracle Database infrastructure support for complex
system and interconnected technologies that require day-today support and administration in order to
maintain optimum performance and utilization. Provide support in the following areas: Oracle Database 12c &
19c on Oracle Solaris 10, 11 and Linux platform.
Below are the responsibilities of database administrator
- Acceptable level of performance of all DBs across organization
- Proactively support systems, analyze existing/potential issues happened with deep dive into rdbms and/or related sw (GI, ASM, os)
- Understand the layer b/w rdbms/asm and storage/os in order to be able to identify layer of performance glitches or small degradation
- Automation of BAU DBA tasks with sh/bash scripting
- Understanding core concepts of oracle optimizer, statistics, tracing related to performance
- PL SQL coding ability for admin purpose, able to read/understand the code written by others
- Mw (oracle forms and reports) knowledge above basic
- Understand oracle net / OCI / JBDC relates issues troubleshooting Used domains
- RDBMS – oracle
- Active data guard – configuration, troubleshooting, tuning.
- Constantly monitoring and tuning multiple Database environment using Oracle enterprise manager
- Ensure that availability of services exceed the defined service levels.
- Maintain Database environment during business hours and off-hours
- Install, configure and maintain highly optimized Database environment with Oracle RAC/CDB
Testing proposed changes by developers / vendor of application
- Collaboration with dev/app support/vendor regarding the changes at DB layer/code which impact
- Analyze current DB proactively in order to avoid performance degradation / breach of SLA for
processes using rdbms
- Reactively included into R&D if required (related to DB area)
Changes in production
- Raise changes and follow business process for deliver those in prod systems
- Ensure inventory with configuration across organization are up to date and all changes done reflected
there without exclusions
- For internal changes collaborate with other involved teams, make changes into existing business process for its optimization if required
- Incidents / planned/unplanned DR scenarios
- Involved into technical discussions with vendors / developers / app support
- Periodically do/plan DR activity for core PROD systems, automate such BAU activities
- Provide support for critical incidents in PROD systems during non-office hours in case service breach for external clients
Experience / Skills Required
• Educated to Degree level from a recognized university in computer science or relevant subject in technology. Preferably holds an Engineering degree.
- At least 4+ years of experience in a Technology / IT function in a recognized international organization.
Financial services industry experience highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge on Solaris technology, designing and database availability, preferably multiple platform.
- Working knowledge of defining operational processes and procedures.