Offered Salary 0
Career Level Officer
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
This role is responsible for providing product support from a legal perspective, and for preparing legal documents within a corporate environment. The role requires the incumbent to assist Legal Advisors by providing para-legal services and is accountable for achieving results through own efforts.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Administrative role by providing product support from a legal perspective.
- Drafts contracts, applications and quotes.
- Research on applicable legal principles & applies them to the facts.
- Provides legal advice.
- Assesses environment, picks up on trends & patterns & makes recommendations to the business.
- Review and reporting on material contracts.
- Review new business relationships with vendors, suppliers, agents and contractors.
- Types & formats legal documents according to court rules.
- Works fairly independently: accountable for own work quality, standards & services.
- Drafts legal proceeding documents, letter, resolutions and documents in accordance with the Companies Act.
- Acts independently by monitoring certain legal processes & dealing with attorneys, trustees, liquidators, etc.
- Accepts court processes, & other legal notices or documents
- Support company secretarial activities
- Technical Knowledge
- Customer First
- Leading with Influence
Requirements – Legal Officer
- Bachelors Degree (from an accredited institution) in law
- A minimum of two years of legal research experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience in drafting legal and business documents.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal documents.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Closing Date14 September 2023