Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
The incumbent in this position is responsible to procure quality food, beverages, materials, equipment, supplies and services for the hotel while minimizing cost. All work is carried-out in line with the hotel’s policies & procedures.
- To initiate purchase requisitions as required and ensure the lowest cost consistent foods, beverages, materials, services, equipment, and supplies with required quality standards are procured on a timely basis.
- To identify local vendors and maintain working relationships with them whiles negotiating rates.
- To ensure requisitions are properly approved and maintain follow-up systems on all purchases.
- To verify prices on corporate contract items.
- To follows corporate guidelines on purchasing from corporate suppliers.
- To handle receiving, storage, and distribution of all goods to effectively and efficiently meet hotel and corporate requirements.
- To ensure that purchased items adhere to corporate standards and if not to take corrective action as required.
- To ensure that all goods on invoices are counted or weighed.
- To verify information on dates and prices of goods.
- To maintain all necessary control records and reports.
- To take inventories, ensure stock are up to par and to rotate stocks appropriately in order to minimize breakage.
- To process and file executed requisitions properly.
- To maintain the competitive status and profitability of the purchasing operation by monitoring industry trends and recommending appropriate action to be taken.
- To provide assistance in the calculation of cost of food and other goods and services based on purchase price.
- To secure competitive bids as required and requested.
- To bring needs for repair or maintenance to the attention of the Controller.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Equivalent of a College Diploma in any related field such as Administration or Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a purchasing position preferably in an international five star hotel.
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the hotel industry suppliers and the local market
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Luxury Hotel Experiences
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)