Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Role: Finance Officer
Location: Wa, Upper West Region, Ghana
We are looking for an experienced Finance Officer to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits, budgets and engagement of partners and service providers.
The responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping, a flair for spotting numerical mistakes and service provider engagements. You will provide accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while managing correspondences with various partner institutions and service providers.
- Manages all accounting transactions.
- Leads in the preparation of budget estimates and expenditure forecasts for specific project designs and general business operations.
- Audits financial transactions and documents, publish financial statements in time and report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
- Reconciles accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensures timely bank payments, while leading correspondences to resolve all related issues with corporate bankers.
- Manages balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Reinforces financial data confidentiality and conducts database backups when necessary.
- Computes taxes and prepares tax returns while ensuring that Sommalife complies with financial policies and regulations.
- Assists in processing payment requests and maintaining project financial transactions in accordance with the organisation’s financial requirements.
- Collects and manages quotations.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- BA/BSc/MA/MSc in Accounting, Finance or other related fields.
- 3 years of experience in accounting, or related roles.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations, procedures, and softwares.
- Knowledge of Xero Accounting is an advantage
- Advanced MS Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]