Offered Salary 0
Career Level Manager
Experience 8 Years +
This position is responsible for managing all local computer technology and services in the Hotel which can include, but is not limited to: networks, hardware, operating systems, anti-virus, internet access and all related systems, office automation and email systems, departmental systems for front office, back office, sales & catering, personnel, spa, and other network based software supporting these systems; network security and compliance; where not the responsibility of the Engineering department, cabling, access control system, voice and guest technologies.
- First point of contact for all computer related issues within the hotel.
- Solve technical or operational problems as reported by the users.
- Ensure that equipment is in proper working order and application performance is optimized
- Ensure that all 24/7 systems (i.e. front office, point of sale, email and internet) are monitored and that technical service is available any time.
- Ensure that backups are performed and checked on a regular basis.
- Ensure that hotel network, systems and data is secured from unwanted intrusion and in line with stated Kempinski standards and rules and regulations given by law.
- Ensure that IT contingency systems for all key business areas are in proper working order and that staff are trained in the switching to, and use of, these contingency systems.
- Follow Kempinski policies as they relate to the security and operation of the computer systems.
- Ensure that the IT organizational requirements for legal, data protection and PCI compliance are in place.
- Update all computer systems with the latest security patches to minimize internal and external access security risks.
- Train and maintain back-up staff for each server-based application
- Ensure first level support backup is in place for all systems and network.
- In cooperation with all other department heads; design and implement new computer based procedures that will improve profitability, operations and work efficiencies.
- Coordinate the installation of all new applications or upgrades of existing applications.
- Coordinate and review all new software development specific to the hotel, in accordance to Kempinski policies and standards.
- Implement all corporate IT related policies and procedures and carry out an annual self audit.
- Provide advice to better expedite access and to improve the use of information in the Hotel.
- Take direction from the Corporate IT department as it relates to the technical operation of computer technology hardware and software.
- Communicate status, risks and opportunities as it relates to IT to Corporate & Regional IT, General Manager and Hotel Management.
- Responsible for communication with computer vendors and Kempinski Corporate IT Department.
- Responsible for timely preparation and submission of all IT budgets
- Responsible for the management and control of all IT budgets according to an agreed plan and budget.
- Ensure a business continuity plan is established and tested together with the department heads for all part of the business supported by IT.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Schedule employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- Select and recruit suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Identified employees with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him/her together Director of People Services.
- Work within all pre-set budgetary limits.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in IT Administration, MIS
- Minimum of 10 years experience in IT and the hospitality industry
- Experience in combination of a company area or regional position involved with Hotel systems configuration, administration and working knowledge in service industry operations, managerial and international experience.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Planning & organizational skills
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Experience of Kempinski standard systems
- Opera PMS
- Opera S&C
- Micros POS
- MS Office
- Windows AD
- LAN and WAN implementations
- Novell GroupWise
- Guest Facing Technologies
- Telephony and Communication solutions
- Call Accounting
- Facilities and Guest Service solutions
- HSIA solutions
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Self confidence and conviction
- Integrity & trustworthiness
- Self development
- Motivational skills
Deadline: November 30, 2023