Offered Salary 0
Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Master’s Degree
General Job Information
Job Title: Data Centre Facility Manager
Reports To: IT Manager
Data Centre Facilities Manager
The role holder operates one of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and HVAC systems in Africa. Facility Engineers at the data center operates, monitor, and support physical facilities conditions. Some duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution, and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You’ll provide daily assistance to both Engineers and Technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems, and assess their working order.
You will develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency.
You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making
repairs quickly in emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures. As a Data Center Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team in 24/7 Data Center operations. Our goal at the Data Center is to keep 100% uptime, ensuring that the critical Data Center Operations
are uninterrupted 24x7x365 days a year.
• Manage CFE (Critical Facility Engineer) shift staff: coaches, mentors, and develops staff, oversees and
supports facilities training program, conducts performance reviews, and sponsors team goals
• Manage critical operations and maintenance of all assigned site infrastructure equipment and systems
• As a Datacenter lead, ensure the development and implementation of cross-functional programs related
to the Operational Readiness of our data centers.
• In support of maintenance plans and repair strategies, coordinate with logistics partners to ensure
optimal provisioning of parts, spares, and consumables at all data centers to support continual readiness.
• Provide scalable solutions for reliable asset management to include initial acceptance of owner and
contractor furnished equipment and subsequent tracking of assemblies and subassemblies throughout
the lifecycle of the equipment.
• In collaboration with cross-functional data center teams, support efficient planning of lifecycle
maintenance activities and projects that require equipment shutdowns, to minimize the impact on
redundancy and availability.
• Ensure consistency and use of best practices across the fleet in transition from construction to operations
and operations excellence.
• Provide for cross communications with counterparts at all data center sites, with the leadership team, and
adjacent operating teams to share lessons learned and best practices to improve and optimize
operational readiness and associated processes and routines.
• Support and drive the development, implementation, and improvement of applicable global standards.
• Ensure consistent process deployment in both legacies as well as new build data centers.
• Collate, analyze and submit scheduled and any other defined periodic reports regarding the current and
future state of all business-critical IT systems within the data centers – (EOL notification, track
infrastructure maintenance schedule, et
• Confer and liaise with third-party vendors, as appropriate, to ensure that power, A/C, fire suppression and
floor support, and maintenance issues are addressed and resolved.
• Day-to-day administration of the data center and DRC Center
• Enforce SLA conformance with Service providers
• Ensure proper backup and recovery procedures are in place for all systems and services.
• Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical
facility operations and maintenance.
• Work with IT managers and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize
plant safety, performance, reliability, and efficiency.
• Create, utilize and administer MOPs and SOPs for all work on critical facilities/data center facility
• Schedule work activities, within specified change control/management protocol.
• Maintain a constant state of readiness in support of the mission goal of 99.999% uptime
• Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical / HVAC equipment (UPS, Generators,
Switchgears, PDUs, CRAC Units, Chillers, etc.)
Experience and skills required
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with Business Continuity Planning
• Minimum of 3 years of experience, working in Data Center with one or more of the following:
network, distributed systems, mainframe, midrange, batch operations experience
• A broad and detailed knowledge of data management operations at the technical level based on
hardware and software solutions for PC client/server environments
• Ability to interact with individuals on all organizational levels and deal with external vendors
• Master’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience collaborating with other business units to meet company goals and standards.
• Understanding the operations and maintenance of electrical, control systems, and mechanical
systems in a data center environment.
• Ability to develop and grow team members, through coaching, mentoring, and training.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex systems
• High level of human relations/interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written
communication and listening skills
• Must have good attention to detail skills and a capacity to escalate to and influence senior
managers and customers
• Establishes operational and performance benchmarks conducts analyses and prepares reports
on all aspects of the critical facility operation and maintenance
• Experience leading small teams and sub-contractors
• Experience educating and influencing cross-functional teams
• Experience in effectively communicating risk versus benefit
• Track record of assertively driving projects to completion with minimal supervision
• Experience in root cause analysis, project, and program management
• Experience providing solutions to large-scale projects
• Strong procedural documentation skills are required.
• Understanding of and experience with service level agreements
• Working experience or general knowledge of the ITIL framework is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Email your CV with a Cover Letter with the subject boldly indicating the ROLE you are applying for and send to [email protected]
The deadline for submission of applications is
FEBRUARY 28TH, 2023.