Offered Salary 0
Experience 3 Years
About This Role
- Operate cranes of varying sizes, in accordance with job requests and within the OEM guidelines and load specifications of the crane, to ensure safe lifting of plant and equipment.
- Check that all rigging is done in accordance with all established safety protocols and conduct basic maintenance of cranes to maximize operational effectiveness.
In This Role You Will:
- Operate crane under general supervision of the Shift Supervisor.
- Perform supporting operational tasks (such as reporting, check list completion etc.) associated with crane operations, by following established processes.
- Manipulate or depress crane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement, according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Lift, position and place machinery, equipment or other large objects within the limitations of the size of crane being utilized.
- Load and unload trucks according to requirements.
- Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
- Operate crane according to signals from spotters and / or riggers.
- Read and understand the crane load chart.
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule, coordinate with support services and assign short-term tasks to riggers, if necessary.
- Confirm task completion of all work completed by riggers.
Maintenance and Repair
- Perform monthly inspections on the machines,document and file them.
- Carry out task preparations and assist with basic maintenance and repair of cranes, following detailed
- Make sure all load tests and certifications are up to date to comply with minimum legal requirements.
- Make sure that the cranes and equipment are in a safe
- working condition.
- Complete job cards, service quality summaries, and all other necessary paperwork.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Inspect the equipment to check and identify any basic risks.
- Attend all safety meetings.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand. The job requires working at heights.
- Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and to fumes, high temperature, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions
Training & Experience
- Crane Operator certification/licenses.
- MINCOM Operator certificate of competence is advantageous.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of crane operation and rigging standards.
- Minimum of 3 years’ crane operation experience in a mining plant or similar environment.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Crane calibration for correct lifting with a load cell.
- Operation of crawler and RBT’s crane for lifting of heavy equipment.
- Operation of an overhead hoist for lifting heavy equipment around the mill area, e.g. motors, pinions, gearboxes.
- Safety Conscious.
- Results Driven.
- Work Under Pressure.
- Team player.
The Application deadline closed.