Job ID 20152
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Contracts Engineer
Location: Yamfo, Ahafo Region – Ghana
- Job no: P7Q6K
- Category: Project Services, Contracts
- Responsible for managing and directed the designated disciplines Engineering initiatives ensuring compliance to Company, Client, regulatory and contractual requirements
- Performing all clarifications for contracts meeting and coordinating with the project department and smooth functioning of the project.
- Control, coordinate and distribute all project documentation and data in a timely and efficient manner to meet project demands, requirements, and schedules.
With offices in Australia, Africa, Canada and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the resources, infrastructure and industrial processes sectors. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a diverse career that could take you anywhere in the world.
Lycopodium is currently recruiting for a Contracts Engineer to join our growing Project Services team in Yamfo, Ahafo North.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager the Contract Engineer will be responsible for managing and directed the designated disciplines Engineering initiatives ensuring compliance to Company, Client, regulatory and contractual requirements.
The tasks you’ll perform
- Ensure all dealings with Client, Vendors and other external stakeholders are professional and in line with ethos of the business.
- Provide specialist advice in designated areas of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve consistently high standards within both budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Deal with dispute resolution of claims for contractors to ensure timely and effective closure of all contracts.
The expertise you’ll bring
- Manage the commercial aspects of all the site contracts awarded under the project through to contract close-out, this includes, contractor progress claims, variations, site instructions and contractor claims (e.g., extension of time claims)
- Facilitate in developing all project-related contract strategies, organizing the list of bidders and inviting the file for tenders.
- Assist the departments and evaluate various commercial and technical evaluations
- Deal with dispute resolution of claims with contractors to ensure timely and effective closure of all contracts.
- Assist in drafting Request for Proposals and Quotation (RFP/RFQ), for various contracts documents, specifications, work orders, change/ variation orders to defined work processes as well as liaising with on-site operational teams, external consultants, and contractors.
- Participate in weekly Site inspection to ensure that Contactors are on track and the time schedule allocated for completed of works is met.
- Assist the Contracts Manager with the implementation of the Procurement and Contracting Strategy and Procedures.
- Site based.
- Working hours are 6 days a week, 8 hours per day, from Monday to Saturday, 7am to 4pm daily and 5 hours on Saturdays from 7 am to 1pm. Note that any additional hours required to work would be paid for.
- The Contracts Engineer shall spend about 20% of their time, visiting the project site to properly check with construction supervisor(s) on conformity of Contractors daily activities on site before payment is done.
- 23/5-day roster.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST
- Technical Certificate/Tertiary Education Qualification, Degree, or Diploma in appropriate specialist field or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience in all aspects of Contracts Management.
- Ability to use MS Excel, MS Word, and other project systems/tools.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in specialist field.
- Extremely well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid Negotiation Skills
- Solid leadership skills.
- Solid supervision skills
- Solid technical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have an Eagle’s eye for details.
- Well versed in User and System Administration of diverse applications on the project.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment.
- Demonstrate a strict practice of confidentiality.
Kindly note the following:
- Deadline for submission is on Monday, 21st November 2022.
- Also, all applicants should be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 with evidence (i.e., A COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate).