Career Level Officer
Experience 5 Years
Job Title: Safety Training Officer (Senior)
Location: Yamfo, Ahafo Region – Ghana
- Job no: XNPPH
- Category: HSE & Sustainability, HSE & Sustainability
- • Confirm all HSE initiatives of the Project team are aligned with Company, Client, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- • Discover training needs and communicate with management
- • Initiate and organize HSE training of employees and executives.
With offices in Australia, Africa, Canada and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the resources, infrastructure and industrial processes sectors. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a diverse career that could take you anywhere in the world.
Lycopodium is currently recruiting for a Training Officer (Senior) to join our growing HSE & Sustainability team in Yamfo, Ahafo North.
Reporting to the HSE Manager the Training Officer (Senior) will be responsible for reviewing, updating, and performing training on the health and safety elements of the HSE Management Plan and procedures to ensure that the Ahafo North Project delivered professionally and safely in line with Company, Client and industry requirements.
The tasks you’ll perform
- Confirm all HSE initiatives of the Project team are aligned with Company, Client, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Discover training needs and communicate with management
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Initiate and organize HSE training of employees and executives.
- Provide specialist advice in relative areas of expertise.
- Work collaboratively with personnel across all business units.
- Ensure all dealings with Client, Vendors and other external stakeholders are professional and in line with ethos of the business.
The expertise you’ll bring
- Ensure all contractor safety training procedures and standards are up to date and fully implemented.
- Develop HSE training needs analysis and plan for the Mine.
- Ensure that all Safety trainings (Contractor Safety Inductions, HRM, Technical, Work Pack, Risk-based Inductions) are conducted as planned and applicable records kept.
- Liaise with Line Management regarding safety skills gaps and training as requested and align training to legal, operational, and work practices/requirements.
- Ensure contractor safety audits are completed and effective actions generated and properly followed up till they are fixed
- Ensure all contractors are periodically assessed to understand compliance with MINCOM statutory safety requirements.
- Site based.
- Working hours are 6 days a week, 8 hours per day, from Monday to Saturday, 7am to 4pm daily and 5 hours on Saturdays from 7 am to 1pm. Note that any additional hours required to work would be paid for.
- 23/5-day roster.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST
- Technical Certificate / Tertiary Education Qualification, Degree, or Diploma in appropriate specialist field or equivalent.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite Package.
- 5 years plus of experience in specialist field.
- Solid leadership skills.
- Expert in Safety training and presentation.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Have an Eagle’s eye for details.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Deadline Driven.
Kindly note the following:
- Deadline for submission is on Monday, 21st November 2022.
- Also, all applicants should be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 with evidence (i.e., A COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate).