Job ID 24032
Offered Salary 0
Career Level Officer
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Position: Accounts Officer
Start Date: As soon as possible
About the organization: Legendary Foods Ltd. is a company dedicated to the sustainable practice of farming edible insects. With a farm in Kumasi, Ghana, Legendary Foods seeks to farm locally desired insects as a way to address food insecurity. Legendary farms the palm weevil larva, a local delicacy that has been traditionally harvested. Legendary seeks to rapidly scale its production, co-develop packaged products, take advantage of export opportunities to other West African countries, and advance research on the palm weevil larvae while building a conscious company.
Role Description: Legendary Foods is looking for a driven, goal-oriented, mindful, detail-oriented, and hardworking Accounting Officer to be part of an exciting new venture with a strong social and environmental impact. In addition to Accounting, the chosen candidate will have an operational mindset capable of evolving to do advanced analysis, models, and costing.
The ideal candidate is expected to be able to undertake the following task:
- Accurately prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual closings and submit them promptly.
- Accurately reconcile accounts payable and receivable promptly.
- Ensure the timely processing of all bank payments.
- Prepare taxes and file tax returns on time.
- Ensure the proper documentation of all financial transactions by entering account information.
- Provide financial security by ensuring compliance with internal control measures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups on time.
- Accurately prepare balance sheets and profit/loss statements for the company monthly.
- Submit a monthly report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
- Audit all financial transactions and documents to ensure compliance with all financial policies and regulations by employees.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Assist in preparing for all month-end and year-end close processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized university.
- Professional certification with a recognized body (ACCA, CA, etc.)
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting software (preferably SAGE/ Quickbooks).
- Proficient in G-suite products.
- Strong understanding and application of cost accounting principles and inventory management.
- Strong understanding and application of cost accounting principles: COGS, including direct labour and overheads
- Strong understanding and application of all regulatory requirements: PAYE, SSNIT, and remittances
- Strong understanding and application of all regulatory requirements on taxation in Ghana: WTH, VAT, Corporate tax, etc.
- Ability to build and maintain critical external relationships, including Government authorities, financial institutions, vendors, sub-contractors, etc.
- Ability to review services/supply bids and negotiate pricing/payment terms.
- The ease with physical and electronic recordkeeping of all financial records and supporting documentation.
- Payroll Management, including overtime calculation and verification, regular salary and time clock pay, casual workers management and payment
- Ability to supervise and manage all cashflow requirements of multiple petty cash, mobile money, and banking.
- Ability to perform all cash management related tasks related to banking, ex: online payee maintenance, electronic file submissions, statement download, etc.
Additional desired qualities
- Comfort with and quick grasp of online applications & software
- Ability, willingness, and initiative to learn/research/enhance skills
- Entrepreneurial mentality
- Ability to comprehend the inter-dependencies of multiple teams and ramifications to accounting/finance.
- Excellent interpersonal communication that is transparent, concise, and accurate.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, education, and expertise.
Application inclusion demand: Please submit your cover letter or letter of intention and CV titled “Accounts Officer Application.” Include a copy of your bachelor’s degree or a copy of any other accounting certificate/diploma, including the link to the program description. Address your email to: Augustus Marfo, [email protected].
All documents should be in PDF format, and the email must be titled *Accounting Officer Application*
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.