Career Level Manager
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Surface Mining & Continuous Improvement Manager
Responsible for the execution of strategic plans for Surface operations, delivering on the agreed business plan targets in terms of safety, production and cost, growth, people, social responsibility, and environmental objectives.
Design & implement an appropriate Business Improvement framework (policies, procedures and processes) for the entire mine. Lead and apply best practices and continuous improvements interventions to deliver sustainable cost, efficiency and personnel health and wellness programmes.
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance at your work place.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement Project and will be responsible for Change Management Initiatives relating to business development on the mine.
- Increase operational and business capabilities through optimum use of technology, standardization, innovation, and processes mine operations.
- Formulate short and long-term business plans for the Surface Mining & ensure alignment with the organization’s overall strategy and manage the human, financial, and operational resources.
- Review the Business Improvement activities in line with the short, medium and long-term objectives, and ensure aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Manage the development of surface mining operations, annual budget, and strategic plan to attain optimum financial results, achieve site goals and objectives, coordinate site planning, and participate in regional and corporate planning.
- Manage the annual operating and capital budgets for mine operations, consistent with Company’s established financial guidelines and business planning process. Maintains budgetary goals and compliance
- Establish and manage the Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements for mining operations and identify opportunities for optimizing mining activities.
- Control the daily, weekly and monthly Load & Haul planning based on the mine site production activities
- Monitor equipment availability and assess production priorities based on availability of equipment
- Meet mining objectives and conform to mining standards, geotechnical and operational standards to promote safe mining operations within legislative guidelines
- Develop standard operating procedures based on regional, global standards and regulatory compliance for all mining related activities.
- Identify and implement operational controls to manage business risks.
- Eliminate all workplace injuries and illness through a focus on behaviors, leadership, and risk management.
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and maintain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the organization.
- Coach and support Mangers in driving business improvements programmes in their respective departments; provide thought partnership with Managers & Supervisors to identify and prioritize opportunities within their departments.
- Lead business improvement projects, analyze business performance, presenting alternatives, make recommendations and provide assistance to resolve business issues
- Perform other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/ Manager.
Education, Work Experience & Key Competencies
- Bachelors/ Master’s Degree in Mining Engineering, Civil or related qualification.
- MINCOM certification as a Mine Manager
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ working experience in a mining industry; five (5) years in a senior management role
- Demonstrated understanding of business improvement, project management and change management initiatives in a multinational environment.
- Strong business acumen with emphasis in economics, finance, and Project Management.
- Experience utilizing continuous improvement tools such as GMP, Six Sigma, Lean.
- Knowledge in budgeting and life-of-mine planning
- In-depth understanding of key mining processes and ability to apply it in optimizing performance.
- Budgeting, planning and scheduling experience required as well as financial (cost) management
- Demonstrated ability of delivering production and cost targets.
- Understanding of good mine planning processes and the ability to drive the establishment of required planning systems and approaches.
- Strong knowledge in contract management practices and demonstrated ability in managing operational mining contracts.
- Strong interpersonal skills including cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to build and maintain strong networks and manage stakeholders; impact and change.
- Ability to lead change
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, MS Project).
- Management and Planning Skills, Leadership Skills, Writing and Presentation Skills.
Mode of Application:
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application and CV to [email protected] with Surface Mining & Continuous Improvement Manager indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of application is 30th November, 2022.