Career Level Officer
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Position: Stores Officer
location: Kumasi, Ashanti Region
Company: International community School
We are looking for an innovative, well-experienced and dynamic Stores Officer to join our noble institution to provide accurate accounting of materials received and issued for our school. The basic job function of the Stores Officer will be to provide and maintain inventories, order new items, place products on shelves, pull out expired items, and keep records of transferred merchandise.
Responsibilities as a Stores Officer at ICS Ghana:
- Ensures the correctness in the quality, quantity, specifications and condition of the materials received from vendors.
- Responsible for acquisition, distribution and storage of all office and school supplies
- Ensures proper safety measures are taken for the safety of the store building, materials in the store and the staff working in the store.
- Ensures a favorable working atmosphere is maintained for the personnel working in the store.
Stock the materials received from vendors properly as to ensure easy access identification, verification, handling, maintenance etc.
- Ensures and facilitates the appropriate actions for any inconsistency between purchase orders and shipments received or due action requests with regards to damaged items or shortages
- Ensures that the store is always maintained up to date in all respects in a presentable condition
- Responsible for the organization of all stored supplies and their distribution on a needs basis
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining an electronic or manual inventory of all supplies pickups and drop off
- Assumes responsibility for organizing , updating and maintaining inventories and records of all office and school supplies in the warehouse
- Studies, records and recommends remedial action for reported non-usable, slow-moving excess stock
- Schedules the pick-up of materials with the other campuses
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock-control records
- Performs other related work or duties as required.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
First degree in Business Administration (Accounting Option) or Purchasing, Supply and Logistics or any related Admin background with a minimum of two years working experience.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Abilities:
- Storekeeping methods and practices, accurately counting items/supplies, picking up orders, packing
- required items/supplies and delivery process;
- Warehouse and storage requirements involved in stocking a variety of materials;
- Warehouse supplies receiving and storage
- Elementary record keeping practices and methods
- Inspect merchandise and other supplies to ascertain proper conditions upon receipt
- Keep routine receipt, issuance and stock records and to make mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately
- Read, understand and give clear oral or written instructions
- Listen to others and appropriately act on information provided
- Work effectively under pressure or deadlines
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Use a computer and various software applications.
Interested applicants should Click: Here To Apply
Kindly submit your CV and a cover letter, a letter of recommendation from your current Head and contact of two references who will be contacted if shortlisted. Only shortlisted applicants would participate in the interview. All appointments are subject to identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.
Submit queries, if any and your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org