Offered Salary 0
Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Across the developing world, more children than ever are in school – but they are not learning. A recent study estimated that less than 1% of school children in Sub-Saharan Africa attend a school where the teaching meets basic standards of quality. At Rising Academies, we’re changing that, and we want your help. Our mission is to create the best schools and the most powerful teaching and learning tools for the people that need it most. We’re one of the fastest-growing quality-focused education companies in Africa, and a Certified B Corp®.
We own and operate our own great value private schools, partner with governments to improve the quality of public school systems, and use our content and technology to help other education providers. Founded in Sierra Leone in 2014, we provided emergency education to children kept out of school by the Ebola Epidemic before opening our first school in April 2015. Today, we serve more than 250,000 students across more than 900 schools in Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana and now Rwanda.
Through great curriculum, intensive teacher coaching and actionable data, we help teachers and school leaders bring quality to every classroom. And we get results: independent studies show Rising students make more than twice the progress of their peers in comparable schools. If you want to make a difference to the lives of teachers, students and parents, then we are the right place for you.
About the role:
We are seeking an ambitious, motivated, and highly organized School Manager to support the management of one of our school’s in Ghana. As a School Manager you will be responsible for delivering outstanding academic and school improvement results for Rising International School of Excellence (RISE). The ideal candidate will play a key role in ensuring we improve our school performance and management.
The School Manager will:
- Oversee the management, operations, and financial functions of the school including but not limited to regular marketing campaigns, enrolment drives, timely collection, management, and reporting of school fees.
- Consistently achieve enrolment and attendance targets for the school.
- Work closely with the Head of Strategy and Operations, Academics team and Operations team to ensure that targets and deadlines are met and budgets are adhered to.
- Ensure all school staff have completed training and understood Rising’s updated Child Protection Policy.
- Ensure Rising’s safeguarding routines and monitoring procedures are established and implemented in the school.
- Implement appropriate measures to ensure your school is fully staffed and performing to the standards set by Rising.
- Ensure teachers receive coaching, have access to professional development tools/resources that meet the minimum National Teacher Council CPD requirements on an annual basis.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement through regular data review of school and staff performance, attendance records, and student assessment data.
- Build and establish a positive and collaborative relationship with staff, students, and the community in line with Rising’s values.
- Ensure the school environment and facilities are adequately maintained to provide stellar experience for students and parents.
Location and reporting:
The School Manager will report to the Academics Manager and will be based in our Rising International School of Excellence (RISE), Accra – Ghana.
The target start-date for this role will be December 1st, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University level undergraduate degree.
- A Masters degree is an added bonus, but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the education sector
- Experience Managing a school is a plus.
- You have the acumen to design and execute strategies that help the school and organisation reach its goals.
- You have the highest levels of integrity and trustworthiness.
- You are good at systems building and holding different stakeholders accountable to clear expectations.
- You must have exceptional written and verbal English language skills.
- You are comfortable with technology and proficient in MS Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Drive, and use of the internet.
- You are a strong communicator, able to motivate, challenge and support your team members.
- You are willing to learn, open to giving and receiving feedback, and trying new approaches to achieve your goals.
- You have the ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under limited supervision.
- You are passionate about improving the quality of education.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We regularly benchmark our compensation against comparable businesses, social ventures and non-profits.
Rising’s goal is to be transparent about salaries at all levels of the organisation and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions that is non-negotiable. The benefits we offer are built to have a strong added value on our staff’s well-being and we are excited to discuss this further with you in the process.
Rising is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.
Rising is committed to creating a culture within the organisation, and its schools, that recognises the importance of safeguarding children and prioritising their rights and needs. We strive to uphold international safeguarding standards, and keep the safety and well-being of our students at the heart of what we do. All Rising employees are expected to abide by the Child Protection Policy, and to have the same level of commitment to protect children from harm. Safeguarding questions are part of every interview process and all Rising employees undergo reference checks before joining the organisation.