Offered Salary 0
Career Level Manager
Experience 2 Years
Job Title: Project Manager
Company: Absa Group
Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
The Project Manager has complete ownership in the implementation of projects across the group. The project manager ensures that the project/changes are delivered on time, to budget, quality to meet stakeholder expectations. All project/change deliveries must be in compliance with the Absa change policies and methodologies.
- Ensure that all projects are completed on schedule and within the budgeted scope.
- Led the project’s commencement and planning and its technical feasibility.
- Create a precise strategy to track and monitor the project’s development.
- Regular update with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that projects are completed on time.
- Maintain client and stakeholder connections.
- Using the right project management tools, you can track the progress of your project.
- Reduce project risks by doing a risk management study.
- Provide necessary support to ensure funded initiatives are effectively managed, and delivered within time, cost, quality, and risk constraints.
- Must be open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others.
- Must be committed to the timely delivery of a job well done.
Accountability: Project Definition and Planning (25%)
- Evaluate business need for change and create or assist in creation of business case.
- Define, scope and plan the project and agree structure and deliverables.
- Obtain sign-off of business case from Project Sponsor as appropriate.
- Prepare and agree detailed project/sub project responsibilities.
- Agree resource requirements with Business, IT Support Exc.
Accountability: Project & Change Delivery (50%)
- Responsible for small Project Management initiatives, acting either alone or managing small numbers of staff (often from the BAU line who are often seconded part-time to the project).
- Comply with the appropriate structures established and maintained by the Project Manager, to ensure the delivery of projects.
- Prepare current and accurate forecast of costs, cash flow, timescales and resource requirements and agree with the Project Steering Committee
- Identify all products and tasks associated with their completion. Prepare and maintain detailed and accurate project and resource plans, with current estimates for activity completion.
- Prepare and agree detailed project plans to meet project objectives on time and within budget.
- Co-ordinate, review and report project progress against plan and escalating issues when appropriate.
- Follow agreed controls for resource, schedule and quality.
- Demonstrate effective stakeholder management (minimal engagement required).
- Identify areas of risk, concern, change and issue management procedures, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure business benefits are owned and delivered.
- Manage the handover of project deliverables and completion of the project
Accountability: Stakeholder Management (25%)
- Identify, analyse and understand expectations from project stakeholders
- Effective management of stakeholders throughout project lifecycle.
- Regular verbal and written communication to present business case, obtain commitment and support and report progress on the project to relevant stakeholders.
- Consultations with Accountable Executive / sponsor to report progress on the project, escalate issues etc.
- Communication with various businesses and other enablers to support project when required.
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the Telco/Banking industry
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience in project support
- Demonstrable knowledge (or Certification) in Agile methodologies and / or Design Thinking
- Business-related Degree or Certificate would be an advantage
Knowledge & Skills: (Minimum of 2)
- Experience of employing change management best practices and disciplines
- Awareness of the Bank including systems, products, and services
- Experience of managing activity across the whole of a project lifecycle, using current technology, structured methods, and a quality process
- Exposure to governance, control, and risk management
- Proven ability to effectively work within teams at all levels
Competencies: (Minimum of 2 competencies)
- Management and leadership
- Exceptional service and results orientation.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Excellent self-organization and self-direction in performance of tasks, including time management skills
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technological advances is crucial
National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.