Career Level Manager
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Position: Procurement Manager
Company: Olam Ghana
Job Description of a procurement Manager
- Responsible for the management of the Procurement Department.
- Setting up of expectations and reviewing the performance of team and develop their human capacity.
- Negotiate tariffs and conditions (including contracts) with suppliers in conjunction with the Plant Manager or other designated person to secure advantageous terms
- Prepare and Implement sourcing strategies for key spend categories to capture cost savings.
- Identify profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Advise user department on new products available in the market for trial.
- Advise user departments on the abnormal consumption of items for the necessary corrective measures to be taken.
- Put measure in place using reliable data and information, to proactively minimize, if not completely avoiding, the impact of unfavorable events (e.g. potential shortages etc.)
- Ensure procurement activities compliance to company policies.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Ensure appropriate documentation are utilized in all procurements to validate basis of purchase and provide audit trail.
- Lead, manage and develop effective professional working relationship with key internal stakeholders to maximize the long-term benefit for the organization.
- Analyze current procurement activities and recommend improvements through more efficient procurement methods.
- Ensure proper maintenance of accurate records and documentation on all purchases.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements of a procurement Manager
- Master’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures
- People Person, Good at Networking
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Data Analysis
- Superior Organizational Skills
- Mathematics Skills, Good Negotiator
- Financial Analysis Skills,
- Logistics Skills
- Strategic Planning Abilities
- Knowledge of Supply Management Software (Database Management, Inventory Management, Financial Analysis, Point of Sale, Procurement, Project Management, and Enterprise Resource Planning, and General Office Programs)
- Specialized Industry Knowledge, Experience as a Procurement Clerk or Junior Buyer
How To Apply
Interested applicants should Click: Here To Apply
For More Similar Role: Click Here