Electrical and Air-condition Technician
Medifem Multi Specialist Hospital and Fertility Hospital has opportunities for qualified and interested persons to join its Maintenance/Facility Department .
|ROLE:||Electrical and Air-condition Technician|
|REPORTS TO:||Facility and Maintenance Manager|
|REMUNERATION:||Per approved remuneration structure. Further details of this as well as the other terms of employment will be discussed at the interview.|
Performs skilled journeyman level refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanic work involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of electric powered refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment and systems of all types, including but not limited to, industrial and residential refrigerators and freezers, cold storage equipment, air-conditioning systems dehumidifiers, water coolers, washing machines, clothes dryers and dish-washers.
Brief Job Description
- Install, maintain and service air conditioning and refrigeration units/systems.
- Carry out periodic planned preventative and predictive maintenance and issue reports thereon.
- Carry out routine checks and logs of the status of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning equipment.
- Running quality checks to make sure systems are working properly and safely.
- Diagnose and resolve/correct faults.
- Repairs faulty refrigeration and air conditioning systems and other electronic
equipment such as washing machines, dryers, and gas cookers.
- Survey buildings where air conditioning systems are fitted or to be fitted and make recommendations.
- Requisitions for materials required for the smooth operation of the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning equipment.
- Assists in verifying refrigeration, air conditioning units, washing machines, dryers, gas cookers, and spares purchased/supplied.
Educational and Work Experience
HND or Vocational training in AC Technician Certificate Part 1 and 2
- Minimum of 3+years working experience in a large AC maintenance environment.
- Added advantage of experience as an electrical technician or plumber.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have good written and oral skills in order to communicate effectively with subordinates, supervisors and clients. Must have standard level of keyboard and computer skills to include specialized software, database management, and spreadsheets for deliveries/supplies made.
- Must be able to read blueprints and interpret manufacturer’s instructions. (Typing and computer skills will be tested). Must possess a valid local driver’s license (Class B).
- Be good team players and should have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work with little supervision.
- Be capable of working under pressure and for long hours.
Must know how to use the tools of the trade, and have full journeyman mechanic knowledge of established trade practices and procedures.
How to Apply
- A Cover letter, a complete CV as well as Educational Certificates via mail to [email protected]
- Note that only short-listed applicants would be contacted
- Deadline for Receipt of Applications: Before close of work, Wednesday 30th November,2022.