Experience 3 Years
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mechanical Technician – Rail System.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mechanical Technician – Rail System is accountable for the maintenance, installing, repairs and servicing of all rail system and other engineering task, through the application and control of maintenance and operations of Underground Rail Systems through the application of operational policies, standards, processes, and procedures to enhance safe production in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Accept personal responsibility for his/her own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of assigned job
- Must correct, or report to supervisor any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well as make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management
- Interface with contractors as directed and or construction team regarding electrical work tasks for project work and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule, and expectations
- Attend training, development, and performance improvement training as required
- Maintain, install, repair and service all rail system as instructed.
- Escalate and report any anomalies
- Recognize any performance of rail system anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance/ repair and report same or escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
- Document all rail system activities carried out
- Perform maintenance, installation, repairs, and servicing of all rail system equipment while taking proactive measures to address or escalate symptoms of potential failure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary/Technical education level
- Must possess a minimum of Mechanical Engineering Technician Part II (MET II) or equivalent
- Good engineering background with a minimum of three (3) years working experience in rail system.
- Experienced in rail system installation and maintenance
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH NOVEMBER, 2022.