Offered Salary 0
Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
• To be responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization and to support the Logistics Department by providing the supply chain needs/requirements of Ernimich
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage drivers and truck fleets
• Schedule drivers to create the most efficient routes to enhance productivity
• Schedule maintenance and repairs on vehicles and keep records of same
• Manage truck driver’s location and progress with tracking device
• Communicate policy changes and schedule changes to drivers and the entire staff.
• Audit mileage and all fuel purchased
• Manage and review drivers’/ vehicle time of departure and arrival for trips when they return and with appropriate documentation
• Create and maintain driver/ vehicle files (service and maintenance records) to review the effectiveness and problematic issues
• Review and submit driver expenses to accounts department and management
• See to the purchasing of additional vehicles and equipment
• Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries
• Ensure that vehicle keys are securely locked and given out with appropriate documentation.
• See to the needs of logistics needed for shipment
• Assist in identifying new carriers with rates
• Supervise logistics and customer services
• Plot routes, and process shipments
• Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers
• Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and regulatory requirements
• Book Shipments
• Create a packing list and invoices for customs documentation (both Import and Export)
• Track shipments in transit
• Other duties as assigned by management.
1. Ernimich Staff
1. Custom Officers
2. Shipping Lines
• Good communication and representative skills.
• Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
• Ability to adapt within the working environment.
• Ability to work in a team setting
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Transport, Logistics, business management or related field.
• At least 3 years experience as a Transportation Manager in the manufacturing industry.
• Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics.
• Experience working with transportation-related government regulations.
• Critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
• Experience working with transport management software.
• Ability to work well with team members and deal with stressful situations.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Good conflict resolution skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their applications to:
Closing Date: 24 March, 2023