Qualifications Master’s Degree
GAYO has identified the need for a Personal Assistant (PA) to work directly under the Executive Director. The PA will be responsible for providing a comprehensive, confidential, and professional support service to the Executive Director in all aspects concerned with the efficient and successful operation of the office. The PA will be expected to handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional, objective and timely manner. He/she will also be required to take initiative as appropriate especially in the absence of the Executive Director.
1. Process the Executive Director’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the Executive Director/or on behalf of the Executive Director, or other staff as appropriate.
2. Assist the Executive Director in researching and implementing actions on matters which fall within the Executive Director’s responsibility – management, coordination, write ups, etc.
3. Respond and advise efficiently to all electronic or verbal enquiries for the Executive Director using pre-defined baseline information and guidance from the Executive Director.
4. Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for the Executive Director.
5. Screen calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
6. Organise meetings and ensure that the Executive Director is well prepared for those
meetings, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers.
7. Take action points and write meeting summaries.
8. Liaise effectively with internal departments and staff as well as external organisations
on behalf of the Executive Director.
9. Advise the Executive Director of impending work deadlines for both internal and
external commitments, e.g. reports, presentations, conferences, projects.
10. Prepare communications on behalf of the Executive Director.
11. Plan and implement hospitality arrangements for the Executive Director, including
provision of hospitality for high-profile guests.
12. Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Executive Director.
Qualification and Experience
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
1. Basic research skills (especially in qualitative research or other related research areas).
2. Basic knowledge in sustainable development, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), environmental sustainability and circular economy.
3. Experience working in any of community development, youth engagement and/or environmental issues.
4. Good self-management skills.
5. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to be a creative problem solver as part of a dedicated team.
7. Willingness to learn on the job.
1. Good knowledge of key international institutions and issues related to climate change and environmental sustainability.
2. Prior experience in project management and people management.
3. Excellent IT skills.
4. Ability to work remotely and virtually (internet-based role).
5. The ability to multitask.
6. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction.
7. Ability to organise and plan own work.
8. Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
9. A flexible, proactive approach to work including the ability to prioritise and
10. Ability to work on own initiative.
11.Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain
12. Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages,
preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
13. Graphic designing skills will be a plus.
1. Professionalism and intellectual curiosity.
2. Strong attention to detail.
3. Strong analytical and writing skills.
4. Strong organisational and planning skills.
5. Excellent verbal and written English-language skills.
6. Ability to prioritise and work with strict deadlines.
7. Ability to work remotely and virtually (internet-based role).
8. Ability to work with a team located in different geographies.
Terms and Conditions
1. The position will start once a suitable applicant is identified.
2. 3-months probation period.
3. Working hours: 40 per week (full time)
4. Paid leave: 21 days
5. Working language: English
6. The employee will receive a monthly salary of GHS 4,000 (negotiable).
How to apply
1. Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Personal Assistant – GAYO’ as the subject line.
2. Your application package should consist of: a one-page cover letter stating your interest in the role and highlighting your relevant experience(s) to the role and a recent CV – all these merged into one single pdf. Not more than 5 MB in size
3. Indicate the possible start date in your application.