Career Level Executive
Experience 3 Years
We are looking to find a young and dynamic Head Chef with experience in multiple cuisines for a new casual hospitality project in Accra, Ghana. The main responsibility of this position is the smooth running of the kitchen operations, management of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and quality control, while being able to train junior staff. Consistency and excellence in service and food quality delivery are the main focus for our client.
The two concepts consist of an American Burger Style dining, as well as the new upcoming trend of Hawaiian Poke bowls. Both will be managed from one production kitchen which the head chef will need to manage and lead.
The perfect candidate would have had experience in both or similar types of cuisine, is able to adapt to work with local supplies and can think outside the box.
This is a hands-on position that requires commitment to become part of a growing concept with the plan of roll out in multiple locations.
The below list shall not be exhaustive or limited to the job or tasks performed. Additional tasks and responsibilities might be added should the business require;
• Trains, develops and motivates supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
• Teaches preparation according to well defined recipes and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the cuisine at the property.
• Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
• Is solution orientated and enjoys to deal with a challenge on hand.
• He / She should advocate sound financial/business decision making, demonstrates honesty, integrity and leads by example at all times.
• Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and restaurant standards.
• Reviews comments for guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental appearance/quality standards.
• Ensures all kitchen employees follow required food handling and sanitation standards.
• Is able to work as part of a team to discuss daily reports with key kitchen and F&B team members.
• Review weekly and monthly schedules to meet forecast and budget.
• Identifies the developmental needs of kitchen staffs and provide coaching, mentoring, and also helping them to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Train’s kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations.
• Manages the daily kitchen operations.
• Checks foods for safety regulation compliance before serving them to the customers.
• Has Regular meetings on the food quality and responds to customer complaints and problems professionally.
• Leads supplier and ingredient selection with a main focus on quality and price control
• Manages the kitchen administration, payroll and reporting.
• Ensure weekly stock take controls are in place and followed as per company standard.
• Minimum of 3 years’ Experience in the role as Sous Chef
• West African Experience preferable.
• Experience in American and Asian Cuisine desired.
• Profound knowledge of food procedures and principles.
• In-depth understanding of kitchen sanitation and food safety.
• Strong understanding of financial, stock, cost and wastage controls.
• Exemplary leadership and command skills.
• Excellent management and organization skills.
• Outstanding problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Capable of working under pressure and strict schedules.
• Pays keen attention to details.
• Capable of working with a team.
• People person, open, bubbly, approachable.
• Highly organized.
• Professional presentation & communication skills.
• Advanced English skills, verbal and written.
• Good Microsoft Office Skills.
Job Title – Head Chef
Working Hours – Generally, 5 days per week, unless business requires differently
Location – Accra Ghana
Net Salary – USD 2,500 net – negotiable depending on experience
Private Local Medical Insurance
Work permit covered by Employer
Access to company transportation
30 Days holiday per Annum ( pro rated )
1 return flight per year to country of origin
1 Meal and Non-Alcoholic Bev during working hours
Cover of utilities such as internet, water and electricity
Transport outside of working hours and commitments
Probation – 3 months
Start Date – Depending on candidate, before end of April 2021
Direct Report – Restaurant GM
Type of Business – Restaurant
Please email your CV to email@example.com
– NO RECRUITMENT AGANCIES PLEASE