Offered Salary 0
Career Level Executive
Experience 4 Years
Join a dynamic company secretarial team to ensure good corporate governance and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• To ensure that the recruiting company’s clients comply with good corporate governance standards, the candidate must thoroughly understand the Companies Act, 2019 (Act 992) (the “Companies Act”) and related laws.
• The candidate will be required to communicate directly with key management persons, the board of directors, and the shareholders of clients.
• He/she is responsible for providing timely and accurate reports on legal, company secretarial requirements and compliance procedures.
• He/she will also conduct a wide range of duties for the Manager and/or Partners and supervisors for the efficient operation of the company.
▪ Preparing and circulating notices of board, shareholder, and committee meetings in compliance with the Companies Act, Constitution, and/or applicable Agreements;
▪ Producing high-quality minutes on a timely basis and tracking action items/matters arising from board, shareholder and committee meetings;
▪ Preparing and circulating written board and shareholder resolutions;
▪ Maintaining statutory books, including interest registers, registers of members, directors, secretaries etc., minutes book;
▪ Preparing and ensuring execution and delivery of share certificates to the appropriate parties;
▪ Safekeeping and preserving clients’ original and other documents, such as deeds, contracts, and leases, entrusted to the recruiting firm;
▪ Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure that the client complies with all applicable laws;
▪ Network with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors, and other stakeholders;
▪ Preparing and filing of Annual Return and beneficial ownership, changes in share and capital structure, company name, registered address, directorships, shareholders, auditors, and company secretary, and other transactions at the Office of the Registrar of Companies (ORC);
▪ Preparing and filing applications/registrations/renewals at the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA), Data Protection Commission (DPC), Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT), and the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC);
▪ Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment taking appropriate action, and updating necessary internal checklists;
▪ Preparing and modifying documents, including correspondence, reports, draft letters, minutes of board, shareholder, and committee meetings, memos, and emails under supervision; and
▪ Preparing written responses to routine inquiries and other requests under supervision.
To be discussed during the interview.
• In-depth knowledge of the Companies Act, 2019 (Act 992);
• Must have attained a considerable level of proficiency in company law and corporate governance;
• Having a basic knowledge of the various types of businesses in Ghana;
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
• Detail-oriented, discreet, high level of integrity and discretion with confidential information;
• Exceptional writing and editing skills;
• Proven time-management skills and ability to work under pressure; and
• Analytical thinking, negotiation and problem-solving skills;
• Organizational and planning; and
• Good networking skills.
Educational Qualification and Experience
• A Qualifying Law Certificate from the GSL/ a full or partial qualification from the Chartered Governance Institute, UK (formally ICSA);
• A minimum of 4 – 5 years of experience in similar roles;
• Proven working experience in company secretarial or compliance role; and
• Engagement with the ORC, GIPC, SSNIT, GRA, MMDA’s, etc.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is: 5 July 2023
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.