Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Job Title: Assistant Laundry Manager – Local Hire
location: Accra, Ghana
Company: Kempinski Hotels
Main Responsibilities of an Assistant Laundry Manager
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the laundry, dry cleaning to ensure optimum quality as per hotel standards. Uphold to current hotel policies and procedures and assist in developing standard operating procedures, as well as production and quality standards.
- Assist in scheduling working time, optimizing different work processes to ensure maximum level of staff performance are reached.
- Check all equipments constantly to ensure that machines are kept clean, properly maintained and in efficient working condition to aid on energy saving drive. Maintain follow up files of maintenance request, and make sure machines do not fall into disrepair.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping and F&B departments to ensure an adequate supply of linens and uniforms at all times.
- In conjunction with the Laundry Manager, identify the training needs, develop the training plan and get the approval of the Laundry Manager, conduct the training and follow up to ensure training needs have been addressed.
- Participates in the recruitment of new staff by screening and interviewing applicants, and in the management of Laundry Staff’s performance which includes appraising, coaching and discipline.
- Check and eliminate work and health hazards to personnel, check on safety and fire hazards, supervises cleanliness of laundry and dry cleaning areas.
- Accomplish administrative duties related to the position such as producing figures for the monthly production report, attending meetings, maintaining a daily log, etc.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications of an Assistant Laundry Manager
- Equivalent of a College Diploma in any related field such as Administration or Hotel Management
- 3 to 5 years experience in a laundry management position preferably in a four or five star hotel
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training
- Operational knowledge of laundry equipment (washing machine, dry-cleaner, pressing machine)
- Knowledge on how to clean different fabric materials
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Supervisory skills
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Works in a safe, prudent and organised manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of Micros
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should Click: Here To Apply