Career Level Officer
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Position: HSE Advisor (Offshore)
location: Tamale Metropolitan Assembly
Areas of Responsibility
- Act as an advisor to the Site Management Team on all EHS matters whilst carrying out all EHS Advisor duties as outlined within the relevant EHS Roles and Responsibilities booklet and the Offshore EHS Project Manual and supporting the project ‘EHS Manager in Project’;
- Health safety and environmental support and advice for wind farm construction projects in Offshore typical working a rotational work pattern (2 weeks on 2 weeks off) ensuring the EHS Standards including the Basic Safety Rules and Offshore EHS Project Manual are implemented and complied with on all sites in a consistent manner.
- Be familiar with the client specific EHS Requirements of the Turbine Supply Agreement. Support the EHS Manager in Project with early reviews of EHS Documentation such as component transport and logistics arrangements, subcontractor documentation;
- Support in the implementation of the project specific Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan and make sure that all persons working on the scope of the project are informed and understand the sections of the EHS plan relevant to their work. Whilst at the same time contributing to the overall mobilization and demobilization of project site, ensuring EHS requirements set out in local legislation are complied with;
- Participate in the ongoing development and improvement of Safety Performance, the development / appraisal and modification of Safe Systems of Work, and participate in sub-contractor evaluations, monitoring and assessing;
- Collect and report observations of near misses, accidents, incidents and deviations from agreed standards and efficiently report through the agreed communication channels. Also assist all employees in filling out accident and near miss reports, and to make sure they are kept on record. Ensure all EHS incidents and occurrences are reported, investigated, corrective actions allocated and incident workflow managed through to closure, as per the procedures and local legal requirements;
- Work closely with project QM and keep informed of the QA systems and procedures related to the EHS;
- Advisor position and product safety generally. Also work in accordance with the requirements defined in the QA system in an effort to work towards Zero Harm and Zero Defects;
- Promptly complete mandatory weekly and monthly inspection requirements as outlined within the Offshore EHS Project Manual and project specific Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan, as well as any additional ad-hoc inspections required by project or customer;
- Monitor the implementation and adherence to the project Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan and IMS related procedures, by performing regular site inspections and site visits of the construction project works and areas; and contribute to internal and external audits and assessments, and EHS/site evaluations
- Actively act as a role model for ZeroHarm and EHS Standards
- Advanced demonstrable knowledge of operational EHS and knowledge of domestic and international EHS legislation and standards in a high-risk working environment. (preferably within Offshore Renewables);
- Advanced IT literacy is essential with familiarity in using software such as Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint, and also document storage system such as SharePoint and Workspace;
- Expert demonstrable communication and people management abilities; and are able to write speak English fluently. It is essential that the candidate has the necessary skills to facilitate communication and cooperation with colleagues and challenging situations;
- Advanced demonstrable skills and knowledge relating to safety in design, Construction Safety, Health protection and Environment;
- Advanced technical understanding of Wind Turbine products and Offshore Renewables technologies generally
Wat verwachten wij van jou? technische vacature HSE Advisor (Offshore)
- Relevant EHS experience essential (Minimum 2 years – preferably within Offshore Renewable however other high-risk construction or offshore/marine environments considered) with demonstrable continuous professional development within an EHS related role. Experience of Construction, Design and Management projects;
- Demonstrable systematic approach to tasks/duties; with an ability to utilize organizational skills to create order in a fast-changing working environment. It is essential that the candidate has the ability to maintain focus on the essentials, priorities and keep a track of things;
- Excellent presentation and communications skills. Ability to communicate written and verbally in English is mandatory;
- Proven experience of performing site inspections in a construction environment;
- Good people and team working skills with the ability to mentor and influencing all stakeholders within a project organization;
- The ability to demonstrate experience of working with different nationalities & cultures;
- Entry level Professional (recognized) EHS qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate in UK) plus additional area specific qualification as defined by the training matrix essential. Higher level professional EHS qualification desired (e.g. NVQ5 / NVQ6 / Degree);
- Relevant EHS experience essential (Minimum 2 years – preferably within Offshore Renewable however other high risk construction or marine environments considered) with demonstrable continuous professional development within an EHS related role;
- As EHS Advisor, the candidate will do high-risk work on site during the site execution of the onshore and offshore construction activities. Therefore, a willingness to work on a 2 weeks on 2 weeks off rotational work pattern both locally and internationally where required is essential. Offshore working including onboard accommodation vessels required;
- It is essential that the candidate have an aptitude for working at heights and maritime (vessel) transit as it will be required to visit offshore wind turbines and operate from a hotel vessel on a frequent basis as part of their role;
- Valid driver’s license within the EU.
Waar ga je werken?
You will report directly to the EHS Manager in Project on a day to day basis. It is required to interact with both external and internal stakeholders, project/site management, contractors, on-
site suppliers, and customers. Liaison with other business units (i.e. Service, Onshore Market Unit) to share best practice.
Wat kun je van ons verwachten? technische vacature HSE Advisor (Offshore)
Gross monthly salary between € 4.500,00 and € 6.800,00, 25 holiday days (excl. bank holidays), 8.33% holiday allowance.
Heb je vragen over deze vacature?
Contact: Sander Schuitman
Vestiging: Teqoia Rotterdam
Adres: Kopenhagen 5c