Career Level Manager
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Position: Head, Transport – Cement Industry
location: Tema, Greater Accra, Ghana
Company: Dangote Industries Limited
The role will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day transportation operations of the company and directing major projects; supervise employees, delegating tasks accordingly, monitoring performance, and conducting regular follow-ups with business objectives. To optimize the transportation network from the inside, by constantly research and test software tools, management methodologies, and workflow processes
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for direction and oversight of the Company Transport Department, including, but not limited to operations, maintenance, safety/compliance, equipment, and personnel.
- Responsible for the justification, specification, selection and purchase of new trucks, trailers and other necessary equipment and systems.
- Responsible for managing assets and available business in such a way as to minimize operational expenses while maximizing equipment utilization.
- Supervise key terminal staff to monitor operations at the company truck terminals, ensuring workload is completed per customer expectations: efficiently, safely, and compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Work with other stakeholders to determine staffing levels, job descriptions and assist in the recruitment of drivers and support staff.
- Plan with Executive Management to determine the strategic direction of the Transport Department.
- Update and implement Divisional Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Ensure profitability by controlling costs and enhancing trip performance.
- Full responsibility for fleet maintenance and the mechanical workshops.
- Coordinate between Dangote Cement trucks and third party transporters to ensure truck availability always.
- Liaise with Sales and Finance departments to ensure the right rate is appropriately charged on services rendered by company transport.
- Coordinate and inspect the complete documentation including drivers and vehicle licenses.
- Review and report logistics/fleet performance against plans.
- Build good working relationship with Regulatory Agencies to ensure smooth operation of the fleet.
Educational and Work Experience:
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Social Sciences, Humanities, Engineering or any related discipline
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience.
- 5 years’ Managerial experience
- Relevant professional certification in Transport will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledgeable about industry trends, supply chain processes, best practices, and compliance requirements.
- Organizational and Planning skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of route planning and Driver management
- Time Management and Collaboration
- Skills in numerical and statistical analysis
- Business acumen and excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical, commercial and analytical skills including ability to present business case for the Fleet operations
Private Health Insurance
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
How To Apply
Interested applicants should Click: Here To Apply