Career Level Manager
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Head of Operations.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Head of Operations role is to lead the Operations Team (Geology, Mine Technical Services, Mining, Processing and Engineering) of the Obuasi Mine, in building capacity and capability, systems and processes to deliver the production and cost objectives of the approved budget.
- Establish the necessary foundation in the Operations Division for the Obuasi Mine
- Implement the operational elements of the approved project for the operations functions.
- Consistent with the approved project, evaluate and recommend the strategy and long-term business options of the Obuasi Mine, set department context for Operations Manager and Department Heads and manage risks to delivering the strategy.
- Review and recommend the annual budget for the operating functions
- Manage the delivery of the approved operational budget by identifying and addressing priority performance variances.
- Resource and develop the people within the Operations Division to consistently deliver the annual budget, Life of Mine (LoM) plan and strategy according to their role and level of authority
- Expedite the development and delivery of a capable and competent Senior Operational Management team and in particular, a successor to this role within 3 years.
- Nurture and sustain a site culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal (Excom, Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, Project Director, International Operations, CAR etc.) and External (Government and Regulatory) Stakeholders.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- A bachelor’s degree that has been awarded by a recognized tertiary institution: mining, engineering, geology, or in a related field.
- Post graduate qualifications and/or development training in management and finance
- A Mine Manager Certificate of Competence issued under the Ghana Minerals and Mining Regulations 2012 (L12182), or the required qualifications and experience to enable the successful application for the certificate.
- Minimum of twenty-five (25+) years’ experience of which ten (10+) years should be at General Management level.
- General Management experience in hard rock Underground mining operations.
- African or emerging country experience well regarded.
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge and experience in Operational Leadership and effectiveness, stakeholder management with regulatory authorities and risk management disciplines within the mining or heavy manufacturing sectors and large-scale transformation.
- Operations Management
- Establishing and refining systems and processes.
- Mining contract management
- Change Management
- Performance Management
- Cost management
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted
CLOSING DATE: 2ND NOVEMBER 2022.