Career Level Manager
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
PETROSOL Ghana Ltd, a reputable Oil Marketing Company (OMC), is seeking to recruit an ethical, diligent, career-focused, experienced, results-oriented top-notch human resources professional with excellent leadership qualities and drive to head its Human Resource Unit.
Reporting to: The Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full time
Scope of Role: Countrywide; requires one occasionally travelling to engage staff in the regions.
Job Description Summary
The Head of Human Resources is responsible for delivering HR services towards the achievement of the vision and HR strategy of PETROSOL Ghana Limited particularly in the areas of Recruitment and Selection, Reward Management, Performance Management, Employee Engagement and Employee Relations, Talent Management, Learning and Development and ensuring legal compliance.
1. Strategy & Culture
- Support the development of PETROSOL culture that reflects the values, promotes accountability and drive and align the company’s strategic direction.
- Assist in designing and implementing a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with industry and best practices
2. Talent Acquisition and Contract Management
· Responsible for staffing strategies and planning across the company in consultation with the CEO and HODs and the effective management and delivery of the recruitment process which ensures that the most suitable candidates are recruited for the right positions in a timely and efficient manner.
3. Compensation & Reward Management
- Develop a reward management policy and procedure which will encourage a high-performance corporate culture by providing monetary and non-monetary rewards (recognition, enhanced responsibilities, etc.) for staff who perform their duties satisfactorily.
- Assist in ensuring the compensation and benefit policies are most cost effective, competitive, equitable and implemented effectively.
- Maintain updated information on staff salaries, allowances and ensure that payroll functions smoothly.
- Ensure the implementation of recognition and rewards for outstanding performance
4. Performance Management
- Develop and institute an objective performance management system which improves productivity of employees by encouraging honest feedback between line managers and employees, identifying performance gaps and taking action to close identified gaps in consultation with Management, Line Managers and employees.
- Manage the implementation of an objective performance management system and coordinate annual performance appraisal compensation recommendations, monitor and maintain documentation of employee assessment and development talks.
5. Conditions of Employment and HR Support
- Determine the appropriate employment contract based on national labour laws and the facts of each case.
- Maintain information on hiring conditions in the labour market and advise Management accordingly.
6. HR Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for proposing HR policies and procedures that comply with the law and in line with best HR practices for Management approval and which are aimed at ensuring that all employees give off their best and also reach their full potential within PETROSOL.
- Reviewingthe PETROSOL HR Policy and Procedure Manual and, where necessary, make recommendations to Management for updating the Manual to bring it up to speed with the law and best HR practices.
7. Employee Relations and Engagement
- Resolve and effectively advise employees and Management in dealing with employee relations and grievance issues.
- Develop a policy and procedure which will ensure that PETROSOL constantly has an engaged workforce.
- Liaise with the Head of Finance & Planning to ensure the timely and adequate provision of logistics required by staff to enable them perform their functions.
- Coordinate and ensure staff welfare issues are addressed promptly.
- Ensure proper leave planning and its administration for rest and recreation of staff as well as seamless business operations.
8. Learning and Development
- Identify needs-based, cost-effective learning and development strategies to support PETROSOL’s goals and improve corporate performance.
- Coordinate learning and development programmes and ensure that employees’ identified training and development needs are met within agreed periods by developing periodic training plans and training calendars to meet training needs identified.
- Create, implement and manage onboarding plans from inception to completion for all new employees, national service persons, interns and probationary staff.
- Ensure coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities are well implemented.
9. Talent Management
- Develop a talent management policy and procedure, for approval by the CEO, which ensures that all employees fully reach their potential while employed by PETROSOL.
- Develop and implement effectively promotion policy and succession planning programme.
10. Other Duties
· Perform any relevant duties that may be assigned by the CEO.
B. Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- At least eight (8) years’ work experience in HR, three (3) of which in a managerial role.
- A career focused person, with demonstrable record of excellence in HR practice
- Experience with HRIS/Applicant Tracking database is a plus
- A multinational work environment is a plus
- An experience in corporate affairs or stakeholder relationship management is a plus.
- Sound knowledge in HR Analytics
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or a related field; or a relevant HR professional qualification such as CIPD, IHRMP, PHRi or SHRM.
- A master’s degree in human resources management will be a plus.
- An additional qualification or training in public relations will be an added advantage
Other Knowledge, Additional Competencies and Qualities
- Good Working Knowledge of Industrial Relations/Labour Law
- Familiarity with HR systems, processes and procedures
- Confidentiality and data protection
- Knowledge of HR software and MS Suite
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent team player and customer service-oriented
- Pleasant but firm
- Very organized with great attention to detail
- Very confident with passion for excellence
- Highly ethical
Age: Below 45years.
Remuneration/Benefits Package: very attractive and competitive.
Interested and suitable candidates are to forward a detailed CV and a 1page cover letter to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: 22nd March, 2021.