Offered Salary 0
Career Level Officer
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Finance Officer
Report to: Finance Manager
Work location: Accra-Ghana
Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not for-profit organization that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. The West Africa Regional Office headquartered in Accra is one among eight (8) Regional Expertise Centers (RECs) within Solidaridad’s Network organization (www.solidaridadnetwork.org). We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Our supply chain work in West Africa is focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, coffee, cashew, horticulture, and other crops. Our efforts are directed towards stimulating sustainable supply chains through the introduction of innovations in good practices, market uptake for sustainable goods, farmers’/producers’ access to finance, sustainable natural resources management and institutional capacity development and enabling policy.
The West Africa Regional Office of Solidaridad currently has programmes and operations in Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The Ghana Country Office seeks to recruit a highly qualified and self motivated applicant for the position of Finance Officer.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for maintaining financial records, processing transactions, and providing accurate financial data. The primary objective of this role is to contribute to the growth of the organization by ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures and supporting financial decision-making.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Review the classification of all vouchers and receipts according to the completeness and cost centers/cost category as sent by the projects.
- Assist programme managers in preparing programme/project budget during proposal development.
- Assist during annual corporate or specific project level audits.
- Keep relevant books and records of all financial transactions in accordance with
SWA standard and procedures.
- Ensure that banking arrangements are adequate to support the operational activities and that all banking transactions conform to agreed procedures and are appropriately documented.
- File and maintain all records of financial transactions and bank accounts in accordance with financial policies.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training
Minimum Qualification required
University degree in Finance, Accounting or any related field.
3-5 years’ minimum working experience as a Finance Officer in similar institutions (i.e. international organizations, consultancies, bilateral agencies etc.)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Professional certification in ACCA or ICA will be an added advantage
- Experience in IT-based accounting software
- Capable of working in a dynamic, intercultural, multi-stakeholder setting
- Providing good financial analysis on the financial reports
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- High level of integrity and ethical standards
How to Apply
Kindly send your application and resume to [email protected] by the closing date: Friday, 3 November 2023
Please indicate the position ‘application for finance officer’ in the subject of your email.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.