Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
NGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Executive Driver
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
The Corporate Department seeks to engage the services of a competent and self-motivated employee as an Executive Driver to the Managing Director of the company
- To facilitate the movement of the Managing Director to and from the mine site
- Arrange for regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle
- Ensure timely renewal of Managing Directors vehicle’s roadworthiness certificates at the Drivers’ Vehicle and Licensing Authority’s (DVLA) offices.
- Carry out daily vehicle maintenance checks and report any deficiency to the Engineering Department.
- Maintain and update vehicle logbooks and ensure to keep it safe
- Maintain awareness of current road systems and conditions by monitoring news and traffic reports, adjusting routes as and when necessary to avoid delays.
- To perform all legitimate duties assigned by the company as and when required
- GCE ‘O’ Level, SSCE, WASSCE or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 10 years driving experience in a mining industry or similar environment
- Must be a holder of valid national driving licence of category ‘D’ and above.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of safe driving techniques, how to recognize hazards and avoid collision
- Willing to work for long hours and carry out multiple tasks
- Strong ability to interact effectively with people of diverse culture and value
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and communication skills.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all conversations and information heard during assignments.
- Be alert and aware of his surroundings
- Maintain a good physical shape, mental alertness, and a clean professional image
- Must be detail oriented and capable of remembering details
- Have defensive driving skills, good judgement, and foresight
- Experience in driving with public security agencies is an added advantage.