Career Level Manager
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Country Manager, Ghana
About the Unit
Yara Africa & Asia (YAA) produces, sells, distributes and markets fertilizers and industrial products across Asia Pacific and Africa regions, with offices location and operational units in 20 countries. The region employs over 1600 employees and has a long history in the Asian Pacific and African markets, focusing on develop crop nutrition concepts that increase food production and create value to the growers, in particular smallholder farmers, whilst minimizing environmental impact of agricultural activities.
YAA is currently undergoing a major transformation, aimed at shifting the existing business models, generating new revenue streams and ultimately delivering profit through new Farming Solutions related activities. Africa has the potential to become a major player in global food markets, thus an ambitious and disruptive growth agenda has been put in place to accelerate digital adoption, partnerships and improve sustainability and farmer’s livelihoods in the country.
We are looking for an ambitious individual, with solid experience in transformation and business development in international settings, in particular coaching and engaging all levels of an organization to sell and deliver radical change. If you wish to be part of a diverse workforce, transforming YAA into the leading partner for farmers and food companies in the Region, as well as a trusted advisor to agencies and external stakeholders in matters of agriculture and policy, this is the right opportunity.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President Africa and is located in Accra, Ghana.
- Deliver disruptive growth in Ghana, in accordance with the new Yara Africa Asia (YAA) strategy including Burkina Faso and Togo
- Full accountability for Yara Ghana’s commercial and financial results (end-to-end P&L responsibility)
- Jointly with Yara Farming Solutions, define and implement the roadmap for digital initiatives, with identification of near term and long-term goals/ benefits.
- Build relationships, networks and partner with key teams and senior stakeholders across the organization to identify relevant transformation levers and secure buy-in and resources for the necessary change initiatives to be implemented in Ghana
- Proactively seek opportunities for building and maintaining Yara Ghana’s position as an Agricultural Reference in the country, through a pro-active engagement with government agencies and other key stakeholders.
- Drive the M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) agenda for the country, including venture investment portfolio.
- Drive the People agenda in line with the Africa and Grow@Yara strategy, incl. Talent Development, Performance Mgmt. and Succession Planning.
- Ensure that Yara Ghana continues to be an industry leader on the HESQ, Operational Excellence and Product Stewardship areas, incl. strict adherence across all operations to Yara’s E&C and Code of Conduct rules.
- Ideally 10-15 years’ experience Business Development, transformation and B2B Sales Leadership, with significant management experience. Long relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- In-depth knowledge of digital transformation, B2B (preferably in agriculture/chemicals industry) and stakeholder management (private and public stakeholders) is necessary
- Change Management and influencing experience in large corporate projects.
- Excellent team leadership and coaching skills, as well as organizational development
- English (fluent witten and verbal) skills are necessary.
- Higher university degree in Business Administration, Economics or Agronomy.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to think holistically to “see the big picture”
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams across cultural boundaries
- Ability to work independently and in teams, connecting with all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Drive to challenge established practices and processes when required
- Positive to work and travel in an international and fast paced environment
Apply no later than
Not later than 2nd November 2022