Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Transportation Manager
location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
Company: Reime Ghana Limited
Transportation Manager directly reports to the head of Supply Chain and is responsible for managing the operations of the transportation unit. The position is to support in the transportation and movement of people and goods. Also, this position is to identify opportunities for improvement in the company’s transport operations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF A TRANSPORTATION MANAGER
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate the operations and budget of the transportation department.
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the transportation operations.
- Direct the activities of staff in relation to transportation operations including dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation vehicles
- Work with international carriers and freight forwarders to streamline the flow of goods across international borders and through customs.
- Liaise with the QSHE department to plan, develop, and implement transportation health and safety, and security programs and activities.
- Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures related to transportation activities.
- Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates.
- Conduct investigations to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures
- Arrange for repairs and routine maintenance of transportation vehicles.
- Develop and implement profit improvement plans and change management plans.
- Minimize disruption and resolve any unscheduled delays, having to make decisions in difficult situations;
- Identify existing and possible future transport problems, develop transport models and investigate the feasibility of alternative means of transport.
- Introduce and maintain quality control procedures
- Bachelors’ Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical) or related field.
- Training in Transport Management Systems
- A valid Drivers’ License
- Minimum of three (3) years’ progressive experience of transport management within the
- Good knowledge of Computer Hardware and Associated Software (i.e., route navigation, database user interface and query, transportation management systems, enterprise resource planning, human resources, accounting, analytical or scientific, electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation)
- Good knowledge in handling hazardous tools and materials.
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Excellent geographical knowledge of Ghana.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES OF A TRANSPORTATION MANAGER
- Attention to detail and ability to plan and implement work plan with minimum
- Good networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and pressure
- Excellent communication, negotiation and reporting skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Good people management and coordination skills
- Must be computer literate
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to
and kindly include “Transportation Manager” in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted