Career Level Manager
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Transport Manager
Company: Strategic Security Systems
Location: Tema, Greater Accra, Ghana
Strategic Security Systems is the holding company of 5 subsidiaries as well as a sovereign entity providing full design, procurement and construction services to Government agencies and bilateral/ multilateral organisations. Birthed in Ghana West Africa, we provide tailor made solutions to our clients over the past decade.
Assure the smooth running of the transport department. Supervise Drivers and Mechanical team.
• Making sure all company vehicles are properly maintained
• Inspecting vehicles
• Arranging repairs and routine maintenance for all company vehicles
• Ensuring that all drivers and operators have the correct, up to date qualifications
• Reducing the risk of vehicle overloading
• Maintaining and completing accurate records
• Keeping schedules and organising drivers in teams.
• Have the ability of accepting criticism and work well under pressure.
• Coordinate with all Strategic Security Systems managers to determine transport requirements and schedule transport to meet them.
• Assist with assessments of local transportation resources and infrastructure, and the contracting of transportation assets;
• Coordinate the movement of vehicles and other transportation assets;
• Ensure the appropriate use, maintenance and repair of all light vehicles and trucks (private or leased), motorcycles and generators;
• Create and/or modify various systems to manage the movement of vehicles and personnel.
• Keep documents current such as registration, insurance, vehicle logs, daily inspection reports, etc.
• Ensure sufficient supply of fuel and oil.
• Manage fuel requests, fuel stocks (fuel farm or supplier agreements) and spare parts inventories;
• Produce monthly fuel and vehicle use reports, “work orders,” etc.
• Install and maintain the Vehicle Management System (VMS); ensure that data is input regularly and that required reports are produced.
• Hire, train and supervise drivers.
key working relationship:
All staff using company vehicles
1. Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a transport department
2. Graduate Degree in transport & Logistics, Mechanical engineering or any other related field or its equivalent professional qualification from an accredited institution
3. Recognized ability to work as part of a team
4. Significant experience in fleet management and / or logistics
5. Understanding of policies and procedures governing the management of motorized assets and the contracting of transportation services
6. Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
7. Strong negotiating skills
8. Demonstrated rational and logical thinking; ability to creatively and quickly find solutions to problems
9. Proven ability to manage personnel, delegate and follow-up; must be able to “multi-task”
10. Experience managing inventories (e.g., asset and spare part stock management)
11. Fluency (writing, reading, speaking) in English
12. Computer experience: Windows systems, MS Word and MS Excel;
13. Conscientious with excellent sense of judgment
How to apply for the job
Interested candidate should forward Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to [email protected] with TRANSPORT MANAGER in the subject