Offered Salary 0
Career Level Supervisor
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
RECRUITMENT OF FIELD SUPERVISOR
A Cocoa Licensed Buying Company (LBC) in Ghana, with its head office located at Spintex-Accra, is inviting applications from qualified persons for the role of FIELD SUPERVISOR.
JOB TITLE – Field Supervisor
DEPARTMENT – Operations
JOB PURPOSE – In charge of operations of the company driving the implementation of business plans and targets relating to cocoa trading, quality assurance, and compliance with industry standards and practices.
• Applicant must have a minimum qualification of first degree in any relevant field.
• Applicant must have at least a proven experience of 3 years continuous in the cocoa industry (LBCs sub-sector) at a manager level.
• Applicant must have an extensive experience in inventory management, transportation and haulage, and quality control practices in the cocoa industry.
• Applicant must have experience in reporting to executive management level, prolific writing skills, report preparation, and presentation.
• Applicant must possess supervisory, leadership, and general decisionmaking skills necessary to drive set goals, targets, and objectives.
• Applicant must have very strong IT skills and hands-on knowledge of Microsoft office suite (excel, word, and PowerPoint) and ERP/CTRM software.
• Applicant with a Ghanaian driver’s license has an added advantage.
• Applicant must be honest, trustworthy, and work with the highest level of integrity.
• Provide high-quality supervision and support to the district managers.
• Responsible for cocoa purchases, cocoa evacuation, and cocoa-taken-over functions.
• Responsible for inventory management and distribution of tools of trade and logistics for cocoa trading.
• Responsible for quality assurance programs and compliance with industry standards.
• Drive the implementation of the company’s business plans and set targets relating to volumes, evacuations, quality standards, and turnaround cycles.
• Monitor and analyze the current system of production to ensure efficiency and provide strategies for improvement.
• Provide good and credible leadership, and respect agreed-on timelines for evacuation, budget, and quality management of resources.
• Create and maintain an innovative and enthusiastic working environment at all levels.
• Manage operational budget and implement long-term sustainability strategies that will result in the growth of the company.
• Implement other duties assigned by management.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Effective purchasing practices in operating districts
• Responsible for effective evacuation activities at all stages of the cocoa supply chain
• Raise and follow up secondary evacuation according to contract conditions
• Solid communication with, and provide support to, the finance and District managers.
• Negotiate and make agreements with transport service providers
• Effective communicator and negotiator
• Fluent in English both verbal and written.
• Strong and proper problem-solving skills
• MS Office, ERP/CTRM skills are an advantage
• Proactive, dynamic, and looking for opportunities to improve operations
• Honest, focused, committed, determined, and able to cope with high work pressure
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their application letters, curriculum vitae, and proof of working experience to [email protected].
Applicants must indicate the JOB TITLE in the subject of their email. E.g. “FIELD SUPERVISOR – EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION”.
Closing date: Friday, 7th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.