Career Level Others
Experience 5 Years
Medifem Multi Specialist Hospital and Fertility Hospital is looking for an experienced, passionate and caring registered Senior midwife to join our healthcare team.
|ROLE:||Senior Midwifery Officer|
|REPORTS TO:||Nursing Service Manager|
|REMUNERATION:||Per approved remuneration structure. Further details of this as well as the other terms of employment will be discussed at the interview.|
- Ensure the delivery of a high standard of midwifery practice to all clients within the individual’s sphere of responsibility and competence in accordance with the Scope of Professional Midwifery Practice and hospital’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Brief Job Description
- To work in partnership with women to give the necessary support, care and advice during pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period, assist with deliveries on the midwife’s own responsibility and to provide care for the newborn and the mother.
- To perform health counselling and education not only for the woman, but also within the family and the community involving antenatal education and preparation for parenthood extending to women`s health sexual or reproduction health and child care.
- Provide professional advice and support to the other members of staff to ensure the efficient and effective use of personnel and resources.
- Take charge of the ward/section, in the absence of the in-charge Midwife for the management of the daily responsibilities, including work allocation, deployment to ensure smooth running of the area.
- Assist members of the team in planning, priority setting and decision making.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality initiatives.
- Contribute towards maintaining a safe, therapeutic and learning environment.
- Promotes a clinical environment that facilitates change and introduces innovative efficient care structures and processes that are beneficial to the mothers and the organization.
- Mentor junior staff and students/trainees and visiting staff.
Educational and Work Experience
- Degree in Midwifery.
- Must have at least 5+ years previous experience in Midwifery.
- Excellent Verbal, Written Communication and people skills.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and clinical assessment skills.
- Patient and compassionate.
- Calm and cool-headed with a positive attitude
- Good leadership skills; able to mentor and educate
- A Cover letter, a complete CV as well as all Educational Certificates should be sent via mail to [email protected]
- Note that only short-listed applicants would be contacted.
Deadline for Receipt of Applications: Before close of work, Wednesday 30th November, 2022