Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mechanical Supervisor – Pastefill.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mechanical Supervisor – Pastefill will report to Engineering Superintendent – Pastefill & Material Handling and is accountable for safe and effective Paste Fill operation and equipment maintenance at Paste fill plant through the application of operational engineering policies, AGAG standards, systems, and procedures to maximise plant availability in line with production within sustainable cost-effective manner and minimise operational risk.
- Work according to AGAG management principles in terms of Engineering Standards
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan and Safety (ensure zero injury and incident free)
- Monitor general physical condition of Paste Fill Plant equipment and report.
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary.
- Provide on the job support to the Engineering Superintendent, where appropriate.
- Participate in maintenance programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis on equipment as require.
- Identify, communicate, implement potential cost reduction initiatives, and propose cast saving projects
- Supervise teammates and be flexible in working cross other levels and sections
- Execute work in time; coordinate refurbishment work contractors time plan, escalate real /potential delays.
- Monitor equipment performance and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used.
- Report directly to the Engineering Superintendent on issues identify and execute improvement projects
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a minimum of Mechanical Technician part III or equivalent
- Good mechanical background with good leadership skills and a minimum of two (2) years working experience in Process Plant
- Experience in maintaining Piston pumps, Centrifugal pumps, Vacuum pumps, and pneumatic valves
- Abreast with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 10TH NOVEMBER, 2022.