Offered Salary 0
Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job title: Managing Director
Reports to: Group Chief Executive
Location: Accra but will be required to travel to areas of operations
Direct Reports: All Functional Heads
The Managing Director leads a multidisciplinary team to develop, scale and coordinate the
implementation of the overall long-term strategy and plans for Ghana entities. The role drives decisions
and more efficient execution, monitoring and adjustment of all policies and programs, to achieve the
overall economic success of the Group.
- Leads the development and implementation of operational plan with senior management in
alignment with the company’s strategy and monitors and reports outcomes periodically.
- Provides clear direction and develops overall commercial efforts to meet and exceed the
achievement of set financial targets.
- Provides market sights and direction to the forward development of new capabilities and business
- Supports the management of key accounts.
- Shares with the Board on matters that directly influence company strategy & policy, reports on
company performance regularly and takes ownership of operational performance.
- Drives a data-driven culture that develops, improves continuously and optimizes all business
processes and maintains fiduciary responsibility across the Ghana entities.
- Foresees trends in the agriculture industry, sees the “big picture” and recognizes new possibilities
in the economy.
- Authorizes daily expenditures and oversees procurement procedures.
- Oversees production of monthly bank reconciliations, cash book production, variance analysis and
executive committee financial reports.
- Builds and sustains long lasting direct relationship between the entities and relevant external
stakeholders and partners and maintains knowledge of relevant and latest policy & legislation.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to attract, lead, engage, develop, utilize and retain competent
employees in the entities.
- Proactively evaluates the performance of direct reports and works with internal stakeholders to
achieve the entities’ overall strategy
- Supports and fosters cultural evolution within the Group by actively applying the Group values.
- Identifies, attracts and retains the talent required to implement and drive forward ambitious
- Implements and adheres to policies and all legal and regulatory requirements
- Stays abreast of company policies, control requirements, new technologies and emerging
practices across the industry and leads the implementation of new practices, where appropriate.
- Communicates effectively and establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the
- Any other additional duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Group CEO and Board.
Education and Experience
• University degree in Agriculture or relevant field and MBA in Finance and/or Marketing is an
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high-level leadership position preferably related to a
commercial agriculture, horticulture environment.
• Working knowledge of crop protection and a broad range of solution-oriented agricultural
services to farmers.
• Experience in leading teams and managing budgets is required.
• Ability to develop effective & sustainable business strategies in order to grow the country
• Ability to provide leadership and direction to local teams and to build, motivate & develop
individual team members continually drive expected business results.
• Working knowledge of food safety, quality and processing
• Proven project management experience to implement large complex initiatives with donors and
• Experience in digital and administrative tools (ERP software, advanced excel)
• Entrepreneurial and networking skills with a view to maximizing results and building long-term
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively at
HOW TO APPLY
All qualified and interested candidates should forward their resumes (word format) by Friday,
February 24, 2023 to [email protected]