Career Level Officer
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Reporting directly to the Site Maintenance Leader, the Utility & Safety Technician will be responsible for carrying out preventive, corrective and breakdown maintenance in conjunction with service providers on the factory’s utilities and safety equipment to ensure the availability at all times.
- Carry out routine or daily inspection of the plant utility equipment for major and minor defects such as Cooling system, Compressed air system, waste management, biomass and gas fired boilers, canteen equipment, water supply & pumping system.
- Coordinate routine cleaning activities such as cleaning of drains and general tidiness of the plant and the environment.
- Test runs utility equipment, monitors the operations of particular utilities, and assist service providers with their servicing.
- Obtain preventive schedule information and/or follows preventive maintenance programs for maintenance interventions.
- Attend to reported defects on utilities, infrastructure and safety equipment at any section of the plant and participates in any shutdown maintenance of the plant.
- Ensure that safety rules and regulations are observed in all plant activities and all safety equipment are in good working condition.
- Ensure that all chemicals and lubricants are kept at required storage conditions.
- Ensure the full implementation of the QMS procedures related to Maintenance and communicates proposed changes to the Management Representative. This includes the documentation and approval of procedures and work instructions, process forms etc. as appropriate
- HND Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification with 3 years post qualification hands-on relevant working experience (cocoa process will be a plus)
- Technical experience in Utility assets (Boilers, air compressors, chillers, power generators)
- Ability to carry out detailed maintenance activities on all utility and key processing equipment in the following areas such as Preventive maintenance/Breakdown/Troubleshooting/Test run
- Must be able to operate safety equipment; ie: Fire engine/Hose reels and monitor the operation of all utility equipment. ie; Boilers/Air compressors/Cooling systems/Generator sets
- Knowledge in HACCP, GMP and Hygiene, Food Safety Defense
- Proficient in Office applications, Maximo, SAP and POKA applications.
- Good communication skills and a team player and must have a forklift driving license