Career Level Officer
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Underground Surveyor
location: Greater Accra, Ghana
Company: Underground Mining Alliance
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term positions with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
Position: Underground Surveyor
Reporting to the Senior Underground Surveyor, the Underground Surveyor will be required to support the Senior Surveyor in the delivery of UMA sites survey requirements.
- Must ensure that company safety standards and policies are followed
- Ensure work area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform working duties;
- Accurately designing and marking development and production drilling holes to desired patterns;
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control as per site requirements;
- Conduct survey pick-ups, CMS, Gyro Survey, stakeouts and other underground surveys;
- Maintenance of survey database and equipment;
- Liaising with all departments to ensure an effective and efficient operation;
- Continually implementing improvement initiatives within the survey team;
- Comply with relevant Mines Safety and Inspection Acts and Regulations;
- Capable of working autonomously, but equally a strong team player within the survey department.
Required Skills or Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Geomatic Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ underground mining experience in a similar position
- Hands-on Surpac experience in an added advantage
- Must be conversant with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating license (C – Classes) and can drive underground.
- Previous experience working in Hard Rock Underground Mines (with International Underground Mining experience);
- Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision;
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment with leadership abilities;
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification;
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers;
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve;
- Ability to work day and night rotation;
How To Apply
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fitness, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to
before or on 30th April 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.