Career Level Officer
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Chemonics seeks technical experts in the areas of health, nutrition, local governance/service delivery, behavioral change communications, gender equality and social inclusion, and private sector engagement for the anticipated USAID Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II Systems Strengthening Activity in Ghana. The project aims to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana through a service delivery systems strengthening approach. The RING II Activity will result in sustained improvements in service delivery by local governments to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of reproductive-aged women and children under five years old in Northern Ghana. These positions will be based in Northern Ghana, however remote support will be considered as the the Covid-19 pandemic continues to evolve. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee or provide support to a technical area of implementation under the Activity, including designing and overseeing the implementation of activities
- Collaborate with monitoring and evaluation team to collect data on activity progress
- Collaborate with grants team to design grant awards that help meet overall program objectives
- Build strong working relationships with local government entities, civil society organizations, NGOs or private sector partners, to further activity development in your respective component area
- Report to the Chief of Party on activity progress under relevant component area
- For Behavior Change Communications and Gender Equality/Social Inclusion experts, provide cross-cutting support to all technical components of the Activity
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in the relevant technical subject
- In-depth knowledge of the operating context in Northern Ghana based on previous experience working in the public or private sector, or in a non-governmental organization
- 5 years of increasingly responsible work experience
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience with USAID and/or similar donors preferred
- Experience working in collaboration with the Ghanaian government, international donors or local organizations would be an asset
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and strong written and oral communications skills required; proficiency in one or more Ghanaian languages a plus
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Technical Expert, Area of _____” in the subject line to RINGIIRecruit@chemonics.com by April 2, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data.