Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Senior Service Designer, Project Co-Lead (Ghana)
As the Senior Service Designer, you will:
- Lead on innovative client-facing technology service design research in Ghana, including with Mastercard Foundation and selected partners, to identify priority opportunities for Katikati’s novel capabilities to deliver transformative value in strengthening relationships with youth and amplifying their voice and agency in Young Africa Works programming.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Senior Software Engineer Project Co-Lead to ensure successful implementation of the service design research into the technology platform
- Lead on devising operational workflows for embedding ChatterSMS in the work of the Foundation and Foundation partners that enables uptake of insights from youth engagement into decision-making.
- Lead on the development of operational models for Katikati’s deployment across multiple partners and projects, learning closely from the pilot.
- Lead on designing, delivering and analysing stakeholder evaluations of Katikati pilots, including with youth, the Foundation and Foundation partners.
- Contribute substantially to developing an organizational strategy for deploying Katikati, that considers how the Foundation, Foundation partners and Katikati might best relate and interact around the platform.
- Contribute substantially to the longer-term wider partnership strategy for achieving the continent wide vision for ChatterSMS and Katikati
- Build deep partnerships with Mastercard Foundation to explore the wider potential for Katikati to empower their work.
- Reflect on learnings with the wider Katikati team, especially with your Software Engineering counterpart, to help guide the future of Katikati
As the Project Co-Lead, you will:
- Lead on client liaison with Mastercard Foundation and its partners
- Manage third-party relationships in Ghana, including with sub-contracted media and communications providers and/or youth organisations.
- Manage all operational aspects of the project, including finances and administration (supported by the Business Operations team at AVF)
- Be responsible for all project reporting requirements for AVF to Mastercard Foundation
- Source and manage any procurement (SMS aggregator providers, media, partner youth organisations) required by the project
- Be responsible for the project workplan and coordination of delivery
- Maintain active and regular communications with the wider project team at Katikati/Lark Systems
- Coordinate and deliver external relations and communications (to public, to donor, to partners)
- Provide critical reflection and evaluation of the progress on the project
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience leading service design and project implementation in areas such as customer/civic/youth engagement, employment and training, organisational communication, feedback/monitoring/evaluation.
- Experience with human-centric design methodologies (e.g. User Centered Design, Participatory Design, Service Design)
- Ability to be strategic, creative and proactive in project design and collaborating with technical teams including understanding new terminology and concepts easily
- Experience of successfully negotiating important design decisions
- Experience in engaging whole organisation teams with the design process
Project leadership and general skills
- Proven success in leading design/test/deploy projects serving organisations, ideally with information/communication technology components
- Proven success in bringing adaptive, responsive and strategic leadership to client projects
- Excellent communication in a distributed team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with organisation/project communications platforms such as Slack and cloud based data/document production and storage tools such as Google Drive in team environments.
- Substantial experience working in service design roles in Ghana, with relevant comparable organizations (social enterprise, SME, fintech, youth employment and training, development).
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of the Ghanaian information, communications, media and technology environments
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
- Please send CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability for the role to email@example.com with MCF-Young Africa Speaks in the heading.
- Enquiries: also to the same address with the same subject heading