Career Level Executive
Job Title: Senior Midwife
location: Accra, Ghana
Company: The HR BIC Ltd
- Take a lead role in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care in
the ward/unit in accordance with required standards.
- Ensure efficient management of human and material resources for nursing service delivery in
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for the nursing team in the ward
- Organize and manage nursing care in the ward/unit, ensuring that patients are treated with respect and dignity at all times
- Promote practice that is sensitive to the needs of patients/clients from multi-cultural backgrounds
- Supervise nurses and other staff in the ward/unit and assess their training needs to upgrade their skills
- Investigate incident reports on patient care safety and counsel staff accordingly
- Ensure maintenance of a safe and therapeutic environment for patient care within the ward/unit.
- Ensure maintenance of inventory of specialized items and ensure items are available at all times.
- Participate in the ward rounds.
- Ensure proper documentation on nursing care activities in the ward/unit.
- Ensure that the planning, delivery and evaluation of care programmes address the changing
needs of patients in the ward/unit.
- Ensure the availability of the right skill mix for the delivery of nursing care during every shift.
- Promote the right of both patients and nurses in the ward/unit.
- Protect all confidential information concerning patients obtained in the course of professional practice and make disclosures only with the patient consent or when disclosure can be appropriately justified.
- Carry out other delegated assignment by the Departmental manager/Head of Nursing.
Required Skills or Experience
Prospective applicants must:
- Must be a member of the Nurses and Midwives Council (NMC).
- Must have worked in a similar capacity for at least three years
- Must be ready to work extra hours under little supervision. Overtime allowance is paid
- Must have excellent people skills.
How To Apply
Apply : email@example.com
Salary: 4000-4500, other benefits will be included for the successful hire
Deadline: 18th April,2021