Career Level Others
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Senior Instrument Technician
OFFSHORE – ACCRA / GH – AA
- Carry out planned preventative and remedial maintenance as described in maintenance management system work instructions
- Assist Instrument Supervisor in weekly monitoring checks on safety and production critical equipment, reporting any deviation of set parameters and raise work orders in maintenance management system
- Carry out fault finding and diagnostic checks on all vessel equipment, ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly. Assist Instrument Supervisor to ensure critical spares are available and any discrepancies are addressed
- Assist Instrument Supervisor in completing and maintaining all documentation associated with Maintenance engineering as required for all maintenance operational work activities
- Assist Instrument Supervisor in providing Engineering Maintenance support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility
- Complete all work activities in accordance with the Facility standards, Facility Management procedures and specifications
- Effective reporting of the status of all Instrument equipment/systems (including interconnecting systems) primarily to the offshore Maintenance function, with a second reporting line to the onshore asset Instrument Engineer
- Be very familiar with and lead by example with the Facility’s plant and machinery their safe operation and maintenance and will ensure knowledge of safety requirements including work permit systems, operational and emergency procedures, company policy and instructions.
- Assist Instrument Supervisor to ensure that maintenance contractors are managed safely and effectively, providing for FPSO familiarisation of planned work scopes and work with arranging, reviewing, planning, engaging and management of a vendor as required on the facility to complete work activities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrument & Controls
- City & Guilts (C&G) /National Certificate (ONC)/Higher National Certificate (HNC) and equivalent Instrument Engineering/trade background.
- National Vocation Qualification (NVQ) Certificate III Diploma Instrument Process Engineering.
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ3) – Maintaining Plant and Systems – Instrument.
- 4-10 years offshore oil and gas or relevant industry experience
- LV Instrument general, transformation and distribution plant experience, with instrumentation electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic plant and equipment
- Good knowledge of all instrument systems including metering, telecoms, emergency shutdown, fire & gas detection/protection systems
- Good knowledge of UPS, Instrument control, power management and protection systems, telecoms and satellite TV systems and carry out fiscal metering duties
- Maintenance Management systems Experience/CompEx certified for HAEE
- Maintenance Operations experience
- Have good knowledge of Compression Fittings, Automated Control, Fire and Gas, Telecoms, Fiscal metering and ESD systems
- FPSO experience after a recognised apprenticeship and further years consolidating the position.