Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Job Title: Quarry Manager
Company: CM mining
- Closely monitor all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard.
- Open up new quarry phase / site for 300TH new equipment installation
- Manage and conduct drilling and blasting of rocks in an acceptable manner
- Undertake regular site inspections and risk assessments in order to comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Examine the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained.
- Alter the quarry’s production system in accordance with the materials required.
- Assess equipment and production material levels.
- Manage the production process and setting and monitoring targets.
- Provide the owner company with information and statistics on the quarry’s performance.
Management of risk
- Provide active leadership and management of safety processes and culture to minimize risk in all operations and activities.
- Risk assesses activities and complies with agreed control measures
- Maintain a safe and acceptable working environment and ensure compliance to internal / external H&S requirements. Target zero harm.
- Participate in the Quarry Section’s Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental Systems as directed.
- Keep abreast of key government health, safety / environmental regulations and ensures that they are implemented throughout the Quarry.
- Develop inspection systems and checklists.
Management of Staff
- Liaise with staff on site and deal with any technical or staffing challenges that arise.
- Ensure that protective personal equipment; Safety helmets, safety boots, protective overalls, goggles, gloves, dust masks, hearing protection, etc., are provided and worn on site.
- Recruit and manage staff.
In charge of inventory
- Maintain up-to-date records to include inventory, inspection systems and checklists, and financials.
Oversight responsibility of vehicles and equipment
- Manage workforce to operate vehicles, mobile plant and fixed plant to: manufacture aggregates; load quarry products into customer vehicles; fill bulk-bags as necessary; and maintain the work areas.
- Assesses equipment, orders new materials and equipment as required, coordinate with internal and external maintenance to address plant and equipment readiness.
- Ensure that all vehicles and equipment on site are maintained to a good standard.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance work within the Quarries
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: chemistry/industrial chemistry, earth sciences, environmental sciences/engineering, geology/mining geology, geophysics, materials science.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A strong level of technical understanding of quarrying environments and extraction systems.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to read and write English is essential.
- Ability to think strategically and to problem solve.
- Capacity to make quick decisions.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good IT skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety issues and how they relate to practical working environments.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Project-management skills.
- Leadership qualities and team building skills.
- Ability to tolerate noisy, dirty and uncomfortable working environments – some of the time.
- Hold a valid driving license.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.