Career Level Manager
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Hiring Organization :Degas Ghana Limited
Job Title :Logistics Officer
Job Location : Techiman, Bono East Region
WHO ARE YOU
Passionate and motivated. Driven. With an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful innovative, forward
thinking and committed. At Degas we embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then
please read on!
WHO ARE WE?
We area started dedicated to increase 600 million smallholder farmers income in Sub-Saharan Africa. Over 70%of the working population is employed in the agriculture sector – smallholder farmers. We believe there is no development of Africa without the development of farmers. We provide a full package for such farmers to enable productive & lucrative farming while visualizing their potential with technology. Our journey has just begun, and we aim to triple the income of 30 million farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa by 2030.
Degas is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Logistics Officer who will play a significant role in the Degas operation within its operational area. monitor our supply chain goals, and make other contributions. To maintain the company’s quality and service standards, the logistic officer will collaborate closely with the logistics manager to continuously adapt and improve Logistics processes. The Logistics Officer Should possess a high degree of ownership, performance that is focused on results, and a sincere desire to create and maintain an effective and sustainable
logistic process with the aim of making a difference in the market in line with Degas vision and
Primary responsibilities include
• Building and maintaining connections with transporters and logistics firms to handle the
arrival, distribution, and shipment of commodities.
• Communicate with the field team to determine their needs for transportation and logistics and offer assistance.
• Ensure timely procurement of supplies forth warehouse operations to run smoothly.• Assist the logistics manager in Leasing with the field team to ensure timely procurement and supply of logistics and supplies for field operations To run smoothly.
• Assist the logistics manager in overseeing the entrance analysis. weighing, and loading procedures that operators and laborer scary out when goods are brought and when they are sent out of the warehouse.
• Assist the logistics manager in always taking and keeping accurate inventory.
- Assist the logistics manager in managing and ensuring that grain quality is always maintained through weekly grain quality monitoring.
- Assist the Logistics manager in designing, implementing and controlling grains
processing procedures and ensuring quality at all times.
- Keep the warehouse environment dean at all times to preserve product quality.
- Guide subordinates to maximize their skills.
- Use the Degas Digital platform to record, track and report on grain quality. Assist the logistics manager in conducting quality testing and grading .and report the grade and quality of the grain at the warehouse to management.
- Assist the logistics manager in effectively controlling capacity usage, supplying stock inflow when the warehouse has enough space. And ensuring that management is informed when items need to be moved out of the warehouse.
- Ensure that the necessary documentation is prepared and Put in place in coordination
with all pertinent departments and stakeholders.
• Anticipate potential problems and difficulties that could occur and impede efficient
- Recognizing operational risk and. when possible, reducing it.
• Help the logistics manager produce recurring reports for management.
- Two or more years relevant experience in transport and warehouse management • Superb writing and verbal communication abilities in the regional tongue of the operational area.
- Business-level English proficiency in both spoken and written form is
- Knowledge of the agricultural value chain.
- A college certificate. diploma, HND. Or degree in agricultural, business administration, warehousing, logistics, or supply chain management; or similar work experience.
- Transportation logistics and warehousing experience
- Understal’ldingof the agricultural value chain
- Expertise with using smartphones to capture and manage data.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides.
- Skilled at handling numbers and performing computations
- A history of managing people.
Kindly the link to apply : Apply Here